Walking To School

In the morning I was woken up by my mum "Hey honey, Links here" "What?" I said confused "He's downstairs, he wants to walk to school with you" "Ok". I got up and had a quick wash and got dressed. I ran down the stairs to the kitchen to see Link and my dad at the dining table eating waffles. "Ohh hey" he said with a full mouth "Hey" I said smiling at him, I grabbed a plate and placed two waffles on it and sat down next to him. "I'm walking you to school today" he said as we ate "Ok, but what about Rhett?" "He's meeting us halfway" he said smiling. "You sure you don't want me to give you a ride to school?" my dad asked "We're ok, thanks Chris" Link said as we walked out the door.

As soon as we stepped foot on the path Link held my hand tightly. "How you feeling today?" "Fine as always" I said looking down at our hands. We stopped, he faced me and put his hands on my shoulders "Last night all I could think about was what happened yesterday, I'm never gonna let that happen to you again! Ok!?" I looked at him a little concerned "Link, please don't start getting overprotective, what happened yesterday was only a one off" I said not wanting to hurt his feelings. "I'm not, I-I just want to make sure you're safe" I was about to say something when he stopped me with a long kiss. "Come on, lets meet Rhett" he said as he grabbed my hand again.

We started walking again and in the distance we saw Rhett, he was waving. "Hey Rhett" we both shouted. We got up to him and he looked closely at my cheek "It looks a lot better, you ok?" "I know and yeah I'm good" he smiled and we all started walking together.