Chapter 43

Daria and Jonathan spent the evening in comfortable silence in each other's arms on the sofa. Jonathan fell asleep, having probably not slept for a while. Daria woke him up with a soft kiss and lifted him into sitting position.
"You need to sleep in bed, not slumped on the sofa,"
"An authoritative tone? My, my, Daria,"
"Shhhh, let's get you upstairs," She assisted the sleepy master of fear up the stairs to where he plonked himself on the bed and lazily wormed himself to the nearest pillow. Daria unbuttoned a few buttons on his shirt, so he'd be more comfortable and joined him on the opposing side of the bed.

As if he'd been injected with adrenalin, he shot up declaring; "I must shower, I'm a mess,"

"Okay," Daria spoke softly, trying to maintain the calm energy that had been cuddling the both of them in the living room space.

Within minutes, the room permeated with the scent of the lavender body wash that Daria had bought a week before. It made her realise how sleepy and relaxed she felt.
She was glad she'd talked herself into making the bed only a few hours earlier. An unmade bed was something Jonathan felt highly uncomfortable with laying in. He'd rather sleep on top of a perfectly made bed and not alter its appearance.
One day, Daria would have the audacity to analyse his behaviour. Jonathan would be his own Psychiatrist's wet dream if he were not himself. Daria suppressed her analytical fascination of him at this time as it wouldn't get her anywhere, and Scarecrow would enjoy finding any error in her work, teasing her for it.

Jonathan returned from the shower. His hair was much longer when wet. Daria thought it looked cute. Despite the past few days of activity, he was not as marked as she expected. There were a few light bruises from where heavier parts of his clothes had been worn and rubbing. Daria went to turn off the light.
"Jonathan?" She whispered after crawling back into bed.
He was already asleep. There was even light snoring.
Carefully, Daria nuzzled herself against him, letting lavender and warm skin carry her to sleep.