Chapter 9

After two weeks Jamie was medically cleared, and went back to work as a Sergeant, while most of the cops were happy he was back, there were a couple who didn't think him coming back was a good thing, because they thought he convinced his dad to put the stripes back on. So whenever Jamie walked into the room a couple of people got rips for disrespecting him.

But that didn't last long as he and Linda were out on a run he saw a young woman bruises on her face, Jamie stopped and started talking to her, "Miss, What's your name?"

"Mariah, what's your name?"

"Jamie, now Mariah are you ok?"

"I'm fine, c-can you leave me be,"

"Why, judging by your bruises someone hurt you, who?"

"I can't tell you, they're watching me,"

"No one is watching you Mariah, now you see I'm a cop. Come with me to my car, we'll go to the precinct and you can tell me everything without worrying about anyone watching you, ok?"

"Ok, can I walk your dog to the car?"

"Ok, now let's go," he gave her the leash and walked right behind her. When they arrived at his car, "Now Mariah do you want to sit in the back with Linda or in the front?"

"Back, I love dogs," Jamie then opened the door, Linda jumped in with Mariah following.

When Jamie got behind the wheel, he looked back to see Mariah sleeping on Linda.

He then rang up Eddie, "Hey, Eddie I'm coming in with a young woman who is pretty beat up, can you set up a place that you and I can talk to her?"

"Sure, are you driving now?"

"Yeah, Linda has become a pillow."

"Well that's normal with Pearl the way she is,"

"Yeah that's true, anyways you set that up. I'll be inside in about five minuets,"

"Ok, see you then. Bye,"

"Bye,"

Five minuets later he arrived at the precinct, Eddie rushed out, Jamie shook Mariah, "Mariah, time to wake up,"

"Yes?"

"This is my wife Eddie, she is trustworthy. She is going to take you to a room, I'll be in there in about a minuet, ok?"

"Ok. Hi Miss Eddie, can we take the dog?"

Eddie looked at Jamie questionably, "She like dogs apparently,"

"Ok, follow me Mariah is that your name?"

"Yes,"

When Jamie got dressed he walked into the room where Eddie was keeping Mariah company, "Mr. Jamie?"

"Yes?"

"Mrs. Eddie says I can stay,"

"As long as she is willing to take protective custody over you, now I have to do role call. I'll be back in about five to ten minuets, depending on how many people listen."

"Hey Boss, guess what. I heard you have a new girlfriend, what's her name?"

"First of all I have a wife, second one more time and your on foot patrol.

"What boss,"

"Go."

After that role call went as normal, but when he looked in the room where Mariah and Eddie were, he saw no one, he shrugged as he knew Mariah had Eddie and Linda to watch over her. He then walked into his office to see Mariah sleeping on the floor using Linda as a pillow again, with Eddie filling out arrest reports, "So now why are you in here?" Asked Jamie.

"Apparently Mariah like you a lot, and couldn't stand being away, so she asked me where your desk was, then fell asleep immediately after coming in here,"

"Ok, now we have to know why she has those bruises, so let's wake her up,"

"Sergeant,"

"Yes Officer Davis?" He asked while turning around.

"You have me on foot patrol why?"

"Your partner decided he wanted to confront me about miss Mariah here, so I suspended him. And without a proper person filling in, your on foot patrol."

"Yes, sir."

Then Officer Davis walked out, "What did his partner say to you?" Asked Eddie.

"He asked me if Mariah was my girlfriend then asked me her name."

"That's not that bad,"

"To me it is, when you get to being a boss you have to take any and all necessary actions to have respect. But with the case of Officer Davis and his partner Officer John it was a line in the sand that Officer John crossed."

"Ok, now what are we going to do with Mariah here?"

"I'll call Danny to see if he'll help, and if he is busy I'll take it."

"Very well, see you at dinner. That cool?"

"Yes, sleep tight and ask Pearl to get her new friends food."

"New friends?"

"Yeah apparently she helps the animals, she took in a stray cat two days ago. I just found out, and she helped a bird with a broken wing she hasn't yet released it."

"We are going to be come an animal home soon."

"Maybe."

"Ok Bye see you later,"

"Yes," he then kissed her, "bye."

Two hours later Linda nudged Mariah to wake her up.

"Stop doggy I'm sleeping," complained Mariah as she swatted away Linda's snout.

"Mariah I need you to wake up, my brother is here and he's going to help you."

"Jamie, how long has she been sleeping here for?"

"Well I found her at about 08 hundred hours, talked with her for about ten minuets, picked her up to take to Eddie, she fell asleep on Linda in the car, as it was about my shift, so I come back after roll call, she is sleeping on Linda again. Then two hours later here we are."

"Eddie? Is that you?" Jamie then laughed, "no Mariah it's me Jamie,"

"Jamie? Who is this?"

"This is my brother Danny. He's going to ask you a couple of questions as I go get you something to eat,"

"Ok, Hello Mr. Jamie's brother," Jamie laughed then patted Danny's shoulder. "Jamie did you tell her to say that?" Accused Danny.

"No, is was all her."

Jamie then walked out, when he came back he saw Danny walking out, "She told us the name of the person who gave her the bruises."

"And?"

"I don't know, I'll contact you later,"

"Danny," called Jamie standing up.

"Yes?" Asked Danny turning around

"I was won-" started Jamie

"I agree,"

"How do y-"

"Because you asked the same exact same thing about Pearl." He then walked away.

A/N: So done. What did Jamie ask Danny?

Ok so, Nico and Annabeth are both tied at 2. I'm not comfortable writing a threesome, so I'll need one of them chosen.

Or I'll do it.

1102 words

Peace out.