Chapter 6...

Hannah and Ryan had agreed to meet at a new Italian restaurant just on the outskirts of our city Everett, Massachusetts. From what Hannah has told me Ryan lives closer to Boston so it was the perfect place to meet.

Seeing that Han and Ryan haven't seen each other in a month I took the liberty of driving my car so I could at least get home afterwards. I had no plans of her coming back with me tonight. Not that I blamed her always.

The closer we got to the restaurant the more nervous Hannah became. She jiggled her foot constantly and tapped her fingers against her thigh, making the bracelets on her wrists jingle. It slowly grated on my nerves but I ignored it seeing how worked up she was getting.

It was still shocking seeing this side of Hannah. She's never one to be nervous when meeting someone. She's always been the life of the party, making friends with everyone and anyone at clubs or parties. Can't tell you how many times we've suddenly become friends with people at a club. Spending hours with random strangers.

It was a side Hannah liked most people to see; the bubbly, friendly, outgoing girl. But I've seen the side she's tried to hide. The insecurities her past relationship still weighed her down. All the 'you aren't good enough's and nothing without me's' she's heard over the years, still affect her.

But now that I thought about it I have noticed she's been happier in the past month or so. Her bad days were far and between now a days, and I guess the whole reason for that is Ryan. I've been so focused on me to notice until now.

"It's going to be good." I reassured her as we got closer. She just nodded.

Wanting to ease her mind just a little I found myself talking to ease the silence.

"Back when I was 14 I had this huge crush on my next door neighbor, and by huge I mean I was madly in love with the guy." This was definitely a story I never shared because of how embarrassing it was and still is.

"He was three years older than me at 17 and let me tell you, he was by far the hottest guy I had ever seen in real life. I'm talking hotter than Zac Efron at the time." Hannah laughed in the passenger as I continued.

"My bedroom was right across from his. I use to sit beside my window and peek through the blinds everyday to see when he got home. Most of the time he rarely had his blinds closed so I was able to see him walking around, doing homework, and working out." I turned to look at Han. "And boy was the sight amazing."

I laughed thinking back to that time. Back then I thought Ben Hathway was the greatest thing since slice bread. He could do no wrong in my eyes.

"Anyways, I use to dream about him looking through his window one day and seeing me and instantly falling in love. I almost believed it too. Making sure I looked 'presentable' whenever I had my own blinds open. Just in case he happened to look.

"Well one day after school I was standing in front of my mirror. I just had P.E and some of the girls were talking about how their," I gestured to my chest. "were growing so fast and some even had double D's. I mean what kind of 14 year old has double D's?!" Hannah mirrored my expression.

"So I went home and decided that I wanted to see if mine had grown at all. Just curious." I inwardly cringed knowing what was about to happen. "I took my top off and the little sports bra I had worn. I should probably add I didn't 'bloom' until late in high school. Anyway so I stood there naked from the waistband up and stared at myself in the mirror.

"Little did I know my blinds were wide open and my hot next door neighbor got home and was opening his." I felt my cheeks heating up at the humiliating memory. "I literally stood there in front of my mirror, topless, grabbing my own boobs and turning in different directions to see them. All the while my neighbor can see me."

"Oh my god." Hannah howled with laughter in her seat.

"Oh yeah. He watched me the entire time. It took me a good two minutes before I realized and by then it was too late, he had already seen everything. I hit the ground so hard that I broke a finger."

"What happened after?"

"I kept my blinds closed after that and thankfully he graduated a few months later. But every time I would see him he'd have a knowing smile on his face, at least he never brought it up." That was by far the most embarrassing thing I've ever done. I've done a lot of embarrassing things but that one took the cake by far.

"Oh man." Hannah wiped at her under eyes getting her laughter under control. "That is the best story ever."

"And it will never be repeated." I sent her a look, emphasizing the last word. No one else needed to hear my humiliating boob story. It was bad enough having to try and explain how I broke my finger to my parents.

"I won't." She vowed but by the twinkle in her eyes I knew I was going to regret telling her that story.

Before I could make her swear not to, I was pulling into the restaurant parking lot. And it was exactly 6 o'clock. It looked like a pretty fancy place as it took me a minute to find a parking spot. It was already quite busy and I silently hoped Ryan got a reservation or a table already.

I straightened my dress as I got out of the car. It hadn't really hit me until now that I was about to meet some random stranger I didn't even know the name to. All the while dressed in this pretty revealing dress.

All of my own nerves left as soon as I looked at Hannah. Her face turned slightly pale and she seemed froze by the front of the car. Looked like my boob story only worked for a few minutes.

"You got this Han." I hooked my arm through her elbow, gently tugging her towards the front doors. It's not often I'm the confident one between the two of us.

"He texted me and said they are both here." Her voice was slightly shaky.

"Already gets a point for showing up early." I teased but all I got was the corner of her lip tilting up. "At any point you are ready to go just give me the signal and we'll leave. No questions asked." I turned serious. If at any point Hannah said 'I'm not really in the mood for peaches', then that was our code to get the hell out.

It was a stupid phrase but it wasn't something either of us would say. Made it perfect for when we weren't feeling the situation or person.

We stood off to the side of the doors for a second, letting Hannah gather herself.

"Ready?" I asked. It took her a second but she nodded, pushing her shoulders back. With a smile I opened the door.

Walking inside the restaurant I noticed it was fairly nice. Didn't scream super fancy but it definitely wasn't a place to wear shorts and a tank top to. Definitely a good choice for a date.

Ryan: 2

I glanced around as Hannah gave the hostess our parties name. Almost instantly we were being lead towards the back of the restaurant. I noticed the good looking food on everyone's plate as we passed and felt my stomach rumble. I was beyond starving.

We neared a table in the back where two guys were seated. One was facing us and the other had their back turned. Judging by the way the one facing us stood up it was Ryan. I took in his features and he quickly walked towards Hannah. They were almost like magnets walking towards each other.

Han wasn't lying when she said he was very nice looking. Neatly styled brown hair, sharp jawline that held a small beard. He was super tall as he towered over Hannah's 5'3 frame. Even under his nice dress shirt and slacks I could tell the guy was in great shape.

As the couple embraced I finally looked over at the other guy who was standing up and turning to face us. Once he was fully turned around it took a minute for my brain to function. It was like my brain couldn't believe what my eyes were seeing.

"Mia?" The voice I haven't heard in five years met my ears. Shock clearly evident in his tone.

"Hunter?"