No Rest

"What are all these holes in the eyeball?" asked Byeongkwan.
"Definitely not bullet holes," scoffed detective Kang.
"Do you think I'm dumb? Obviously they aren't bullet holes!" he hissed.
"I actually do think you are quite dumb for not looking at the message on the board around this person's neck first."
Byeongkwan rolled his eyes and paid attention to the board.

It read: "I am happy to reveal my third artwork to you all! Please do not take it down this time :'( This guy was very fussy and wouldn't stop yelling as I was adorning him! Be sure to contact his family once you see this. His name is Choi Eun-ho, I'm positive you'll find his family since you guys are police and always find everything. I'll give you props although I hate that you guys are always first to see my artwork then take it down, be considerate other people would love to see my work. Soo, fuck you I guess. I'll be starting a new project next week!

- █"

"He is mad!" yelled Byeongkwan.
"True dat," replied detective Kang.
"Who would want to see his disgusting artwork? It's a motherfucking corspe who wants to see that?"
"Honestly," encouraged detective Chan.
"Adorning my foot! Take this body to the forensics and find the family, I'll see them first thing tomorrow morning!" ordered Byeongkwan.
The officers and ambulance all got to work. All Byeongkwan wanted to do now was to sleep, but his guidance was needed for just a bit longer.

"You want to sleep, don't you?" asked detective Kang pouting as his partner started to blink slowly.
Byeongkwan nodded and nearly tripped.
"Should I handle this case for the rest of tonight so that you can get some rest?" he asked.
Byeongkwan sparkled and hugged him, "Yes, please~"
"No."
Byeongkwan's mouth dropped and he immediately got frustrated and pushed Detective Kang.
"I was kidding. I'll handle it, you baby," he got his balance.
Byeongkwan thanked him and went into his car. Leaving for home.

***

It was morning. The weather was quite gloomy ⸺ foggy and all. Byeongkwan woke up once again, but this time he felt like he was resting in a freezer.
"How is it this cold when it was warm last night? Wow," he spoke to himself.
He stretched himself and boiled hot water for his tea.

There was beeping coming from his door. Byeongkwan turned to look and in walked deary, Park Junhee with a small basket in hand.
"And what are you doing here? "asked Byeongkwan.
"I want to eat breakfast with you today, detective," he replied, lifting the basket of food.
"Here... Again?"
"Yes"
"No, we are eating in your place today," he sternly said, "Staying here any longer will make me mad."
"Why?"
"Why what?"
"Why is staying here going to make you mad?"
"It's so cold in here."
"Oh, and my place has a heater?" Junhee batted his eyes at his neighbour.
Byeongkwan nodded with wide eyes and a big smile.

"I just need to get ready and I'll be right over," said Byeongkwan drinking his ready tea.
"I'm gonna watch TV here."
"Fine."

Eventually Byeongkwan was done and him and Junhee set off. This was the first time Byeongkwan was in Junhee's home. It was warm as he expected but it was a complete and utter mess! Blankets, empty pizza boxes, empty bottles of all sorts of drinks lying on the floor. The dishes were not washed and piling up in the sink when he even had a dishwasher. Too many shoes at the step behind his door.

"Ugh, Junhee. You're living space is a whole pigstyle. How could a detective walk into this?" he said scrunching his face.
"You are the one who wanted to come in here. And what does you being a detective have to do with my pigstye?" he asked holding his hip.
"Me being a detective?" he sighed, "Imagine somebody gets killed in this type of place and you need to find clues here which could be scattered everywhere!"
"Well, shame, but nobody will get killed here. Nobody needs to kill me. So stop imagining and sit down over there," Junhee pointed to a cleaner spot on the floor with a small table.