All My Friends Are Dead

Kyle is going to die today. I don't know how, I'm not sure exactly when, and I have no idea how I know. I just do.

My name is Nathan Grant, I am 17-years-old and I go to Abraham High School as a Senior. I don't really have plans outside of high school, so I guess I'm just going to college before my old man gives me a hard time. Anyway, now that the boring part is taken care of, I'm off to school.

Our spot is by the café by the rock ledge.

"Hi, Nathan!" Jennifer exclaims when she sees me. Her hazel eyes glow up and her smile widens. Jennifer-Rose Conley is also 17-years-old. She's one of my best friends who is into art and me.

"Hi Jen," I casually say before sitting down on the ledge. My boys are already there with their phones out. Probably studying before the bell rings because Mr. Foster has a personal vendetta against us in hopes to get the sticks out of his butt. He's such a prick. When it comes to loud, stupid students, he gives them extra credit and let them do whatever they want. I bet he was never popular in High School.

A baby blue call pulls up in the front of the school. A white strap heel peaks out of the car door before a beautiful girl stepped out. Her name is Rosalie Delores, she's in our class and pretty much a gold-digger in training. I'm guessing because she's so hot, there's no reason for her to have any substance. I'm not really into her because I like a girl with a brain, but that doesn't mean I wouldn't fuck her.

My boy, Cody Webb, on the other hand, has a thing for her. He's crude, but when it comes to girls, he doesn't know how to talk to them. Honestly, he's not bad looking. If his acne clears up, he'll look like Owen Wilson's long-lost brother. I see his gaze lift up from his phone to stare at Rosalie.

"Bro, take a picture. It will last longer," I joke.

"Shut the fuck up," he snaps back.

"You clearly like her, so why not just talk to her?" Michael McCarran asks. Michael is the crazy one. When he gets an idea, no matter how stupid, he thinks he has to do it. I don't know why, but we all got used to it.

"What would I even say?" Cody asks.

"Compliment her shoes," Michael says.

So, the thing about Michael, is that his family is well-off. His family owns an airport and was raised to always go after what he wants. Hence, why he's the most ambitious and impatient person I've ever met. That's also why he goes through girls like dirty laundry. The date for a week, then we never see or talk to them ever again.

"That's so stereotypical. If you want a conversation, then you ask open-ended questions," Ralph corrects.

Ralph's real name is Ranveer Randolph. He's the more sensitive and well-mannered of the group. Basically, the opposite of Cody. His parents are proud of their European ancestry, so his mother had him and his siblings enroll in etiquette school.

Rosalie walks closer to our group. "Hi Michael," she smiles and waves towards him.

"Hey Rosie," Michael says back. She hates being called that because it makes her sound like a little girl when she's definitely a woman. Every time anyone else calls her that, she would make a disgusted face and huffs away. That's how I know she's definitely into Michael, not for his personality though. Just for his pocket.

Michael turns to Cody, nudging him to say something to her. Cody turns away.

"See you in class later. Bye, Michael," she wiggles her fingers to wave and walks away in what looks like some uncomfortable heels really not suited for High School.