2 || Pills on Edge

- Your POV -

It's been two weeks since Cole gave me his number. I haven't texted him yet since I have absolutely no clue what to say or even talk about with him. On that note, I've only gone to the convenience store three times since that day, and I really didn't want to start talking to him yet.

I can't have more people to care for in my life.. especially not now. Even if I want to get to know more people, I know that once they hear about what happened to me and the things I've done, I might just end up losing them, or worse, hurting them.

And that's the last thing I want to happen.

Looking at the clock hung above the tv, I see that it's 9:35 in the morning. I could already tell that it was going to be a long day.

+++

(TIME SKIP - Walking through the city)

It was a nice sunny and brisk fall morning. The leaves were starting to change colour to vibrant hues of red and orange, and the crisp air added a nice touch to the mix. But sadly this change of weather reminds me too much about the most dreadful part of my life.

Back to school.

Of course, school just always ruins the mood, but I guess I should go shopping for stationary that I'm going to lose, and clothing that I'll probably only like when I'm in store and not when I actually use them.

Oh great, now I have to try and cover the bruises on my body. I need to have a backstory for these if people start asking where I got them.

Walking around to some local shops, I notice lots of people shopping around with their kids reminds me of when I used to go out with my parents. Before my life turned into a literal shit show.

- Second POV -

Upon seeing those kids happily with their parents, your mind started wandering off to times when you were happy. You remembered your mom, dad, older sister and your younger brother. Yes, you used to have a big happy family. But now it's just you and your younger brother. But you felt guilty for leaving him behind and moving away.

You remembered the times that you all fought, the times you all smiled, the memories,and all those times that you took for granted.

Without knowing it, my eyes started to tear up but I was able to suppress the feeling and continued to go on with my shopping.

You only ended up buying 2 pairs of jeans, one ripped and one not, 3 new tops and 2 new hoodies. I also got a few notebooks, different coloured pens, pencils, highlighters and a new backpack. You didn't get much school stuff since you could already tell you weren't going to be using them a lot, or you'd end up losing them anyways. Then you headed home

You had been out all day, as you checked your phone you realized that it was already 7:45

You got home and placed your stuff in your room and sat at your desk. You reached out to open a drawer and pulled out a small case containing various pills and meds. You looked at them and how you've been so dependent on them.

Since the tragic car accident of your parents and the suicide of your sister, you used so many unhealthy ways to cope with it. You used to vape, but then you started to smoke. You started using over the counter drugs as an easy way to escape your reality.

You used to go on a so-called "pill high" after the accidents.

Not to mention when your best friend wasn't even there for you when this all happened. You got so mad at him that he wasn't there when you needed him most. Every time you'd see each other, it would be argument after argument. Blaming each other for all the things you both did up until that point.