Prologue

-Second POV-

Standing at the edge of a bridge, tears are streaming down your face. Your feet were numb, hair was a mess, and you were cold, freezing to be exact. You regret not taking your jacket with you but it wouldn't matter in the end, was what you thought.

You look down to see the large river beneath you. The moonlight hit the water just enough so that you could tell that the rapids were strong. Strong enough to pull you down so you wouldn't be able to come back up. Strong enough to pull you away from all the misery and pain.

The moonlight only hit certain parts of the water. It was dark enough, that people wouldn't notice you falling, or being carried away in the currents below you thought to yourself.

You look up to the sky seeing how visible the stars and moon was tonight. Tonight. One of the only nights you finally took time to look up at the sky. The sky. The same one that was looking down upon you on that tragic day. That day. The day you lost every single person person you ever cared about. Care. You cared for so many people, you cared for them before your self. You. You've lost everything and everyone. Everyone. Everyone turned their backs on you, and you hate it. Hate. Something that made you want to start over and forget the pain.

As a final tear escaped your eye, you look down and without hesitation you stepped off the edge and let your body fall over. It wasn't long until your body hit the ground.

Ground.

You opened your eyes only to see yourself sprawled on the ground of your bedroom, surrounded by your pillows and blankets. You looked over at the clock that hung on the wall adjacent to your bed.

3:56 am

Your head was spinning from the falling sensation your body had imagined. Not only that, you knew it was going to be hard to fall back asleep. Tonight was going to be another sleepless night. You already knew it.

You walked towards your window, and stared at the night sky. The same one you remembered seeing in that terrible nightmare you just had. It was the same nightmare over and over again. You couldn't remember the start, or any of the events that occurred in it. But the ending was always the same. It always ended with you at the bridge. The same bridge where you decided your life needed to end, and needed to change. That dream always ends with you falling towards the water, but thank goodness you always wake up in the end.

But what does it all mean?

Sure, that time period of your life was an eye opener and an important part of your life, but it's also the part you wanted to forget.

You wanted to forget the people.

Forget the memories.

Forget those moments.

Forget those people.

Forget the pain.

But what happens when your lost in a world with no one to guide you. You were lost. Like a child at a grocery store, except it's nighttime, and your parents aren't there... there's no one there but you, and you have no idea what you should do or how to get out.

You moved away to get away from the problems. But problems and burdens were just to generous with you, and kept coming your way. How do you handle it all. You questioned that yourself. Were you really handling it all, or were you just running away from all your problems...

Again.