Prologue

Boom! Thunder rolls against a red and black sky. Screams are heard as blinding white light crashes the night into day. Thick smoke rises against the dark trees and I am left hacking, tears welling up in my eyes. Sirens sound off in the distant city as another flash breaks the night and I feel my body being flown backwards. I hit the ground hard, the impact knocking the air from my lungs. All I can see is red fire consuming my village. White and grey feathers dancing together with the ashes. I feel a soft caress and somehow I am moved a little further into the woods. I hear a whisper but the words are lost as the world is consumed in a black abyss.

. . . .

... I hear wheels ...

... I hear whispers ...

Then more black nothingness.

    I take a sharp breath and open my eyes. I'm in a stale hallway surrounded by misty trees. There is a white light beyond a flowered archway. I stand, trying to find composure, and try to walk to it; but, it's like being deep underwater. As I get closer to the light, I reach out for it. It ripples under the touch of my finger and then everything fades.

    And I really open my eyes, blinking back stinging tears. Everything is white around me and there is a sharp ringing in my ears but I swear I can hear people talking beyond that. Flashes start as I turn my head and I quickly turn back, heart racing. What was that? Where am I? I've got to get out of here but I feel weak. What happened to me?

    "We are here at Everton Hospital where the last of the two girls labeled Jane Doe is battling for her life. We still have no information on why these terrorists attacked the reserve that night; but, we are glad that these four brave children survived. As you just saw, the last has woken up and we hope to get more information about her here after the break."

---------------------------------------------

    Thank you for reading this first part. I will be writing more soon. Please Like, Comment and give me a follow to keep up to date. 

Your Author,

HM