Chapter twenty-seven.

Meredith's Pov.

The door handle shook and Lexie can running in excitedly.

"I'm engaged!" She yelled. Me and Ellis shot up off the couch and ran to her and Mark.

"Congratulations Lexie!" Ellis shouted.

"I'm so happy for you Lex!" I said.

"Congrats Mark" Ellis said giving him a hug.

"Thank you Dr.Grey" He said.  We were interrupted by a knock on the door.

"Is the the home of Derek Shepherd?" And Officer asked.

"Yes, I'm his wife!" I said. Everyone stepped aside and met the officers in.

"I'm afraid there has been an accident, can you come with us?" He asked.

"Y-Yes" I said. Lexie places her hand on my shoulder.

"Do you need anyone to go with you" my mother asked.  I shook my head.

"I'm going with you Mer" Lexie said.

"No you don't have to" I said.

"I want to be there for you" she said.  I finally agreed to her going and we followed the police to Dillard medical center.

"Are you Mrs.Grey?" The man asked.

"Yes, where is my husband?" I asked.

"Your Husband, He was hit by a semi" the doctor said.

"Oh god" I cried.

"Your husband came in with a head Lac" a female doctor said. "He has a brain bl-" She said.

"You would have caught that with the CT scan." I said.

"We didn't have time for a CT" she said.

"You didn't do a CT? Are you fucking stupid" Lexie yelled.

"We didn't have time He would have died in CT" the male doctor said.

"He is still dead!" I yelled. "At lease with the CT he would have had a fighting chance of survival" I added. They gave me and Lexie a moment to calm down and then took us to see him and collect his personal items.

"I am so sorry Dr.Gr-" the female doctor went to say.

"His face is going to be the face that you remember the next time you guys kill someone!" I yelled.

"Meredith it's going to be ok" Lexie said.

"I have to tell my kids that their father is dead" I said sobbing loudly. "How am I supposed to do that?" I cried.

"We will get through it" she said. I hugged her and got into the car.

A/N:
I wanted to change the way Derek's death played out just a little bit. And omg Lexie and Mark! This is what they deserved on the show.
Hope you enjoyed.