Chapter thirty-one

Meredith's Pov.
2 months later.

I had my appointment with Addison today. I had hired a babysitter for Zola and Bailey. The drive was to long. I only loved about ten minutes away from the practice. She was waiting for me in the lobby when I arrived.

"You got here quick?" She said.

"I don't live that far" I said.

"Well I figured that" Addie said. We walked over to the elevator and she pressed the button. My phone started to ring again. It was my sister. Everyone had been calling and trying to figure out where I was.

"You can get that if you need to" she said.

"I'm not speaking with anyone in Seattle right now" I said.

"Why?" She asked.

"Because I needed to get away from everyone" I finally said. The rest of the elevator ride was quiet. We got off at the fifth floor and headed to an exam room.

"So... who is Lexie?" She asked. "Is She a new girlfriend?"

"Ew that's gross, No, she is my sister" I said.

"You have a sister?" She asked.

"Yeah" I said. "Her and Mark are getting married" I added.

"No way!" She squealed. "Mark was never one for commitment.

"I know, he was screwing nurses left and right" I paused. "That was until he met my sister" I added.

"She must be just like you" Addison said with a tone I recognized. It was a tone she always used when she wanted sex.

"The day you left, I heard everything you said" I told her. She looked over at me from the scan. She looked as if she had seen a ghosts. I was the ghost.