Ch. 1 - It's All About To Change

It started off as a joke.

Like some jokes, it escalated.

"Say you love me, George! Say it!" Dream said, amusement lacing his words and he could barely keep his laughs inside. "Just say 'I love you,' George!" Dream ushered him once again, this time actually laughing out loud.

George didn't need a mirror to see how red his face was. He could tell very easily on his own how hot his cheeks were getting from Dream's persistent comments. Inwardly, he thanked the heavens that he doesn't record facecams for his videos, otherwise the people in the comments would be having a field day pointing out his visual embarrassment.

"Just give me the sword, Dream!" George choked out, blushing furiously as Dream laughed.

"Say 'I love you,' first!" Dream continued teasing him, and George could practically imagine the big smile he had on his face. George hoped that Dream didn't realize how flustered he really was, but he knew that Dream wasn't stupid, and was definitely enjoying this experience.

Letting out a big exhale, "Fine. Give me some food and then I'll say it." George said, his face still redder than the rose bushes Dream constantly gave him in the game. Once he saw the cooked porkchop on his hotbar-- Thank goodness-- his lips turned up to a little smile as he watched his hunger bar finally slowly refill. "And a pickaxe," he added, demanding a little bit more than what was originally stated in their little deal.

When Dream handed him the pickaxe and he was finally able to actually explore more of the stronghold he felt his cheeks heat up again. "Alright, Dream, you ready?"

"Yeah."

After a big inhale and a lot of internal screaming due to a whole lot of embarrassment, he was finally able to do what Dream had been asking for the whole time. "I love you, Dream." He said, his voice fading a little bit towards the end out of bashfulness. He rubbed his hand on the nape of his neck sheepishly as he waited for Dream's answer.

The other boy laughed, "Oh my god, thank you so much!" He said, and George could practically hear the smile and the amusement dripping off of his voice.

It took a few minutes before George's face stopped heating up.

And, before he knew it, they had slain the enderdragon using George's very much of a cheat Sharpness V diamond sword.

They ended their recording, and George muttered out his goodbye to Dream, the memory of the interaction earlier still fresh in his mind. "I'm tired, I'll see you later." George said, and, really, he was tired. They'd been recording for three hours now and he wanted nothing more than to get up and stretch out.

But really, that was just a mere excuse to lie down on his bed, fetal position, and think.

It was just a joke, right? George thought, biting his lip while holding onto a nearby pillow. The covers on his bed creased as he moved his legs slightly.

"We did it! Kiss me George!"

"Only with our socks on."

"Two men, on a date."

He groaned as his mind reminded him of other things Dream had said. He put a pillow on top of his head in a failed attempt to make the thoughts unheard, but all that he could hear was his own voice, repeating the same thing over and over again. "I love you, Dream," repeated again and again in the same flustered tone, in the same shy quiet voice.

It's just a joke, George thought, bringing his knees closer to his chest. That's what we agreed on. That's what Dream said. That's even what I said!