Ch. 2 - Just a Thought

It had been weeks since George's little talk with Sapnap, and yet nothing had changed.

Actually, no, that was wrong. Something did change, and it's that George's crush got a lot worse than he had hoped. George hoped for the crush to fade away over time. He hoped for himself to think that they'd be better off as friends and nothing more. Instead, the feeling grew stronger, which was very much the opposite of fading away.

"You don't know that. Maybe it'll go away, maybe it won't."

"Maybe."

He shut his eyes tight as he remembered the end of their conversation last time. He was so stubborn that day, refusing to believe the voice speaking from his heart. He ignored his inner feelings.

"Maybe," he remembered saying, but at this time now, was there even a point in saying maybe, when already George would feel those stupid, stupid cliché butterflies in his stomach, all flying around and taunting him if he would do something as little as think about Dream.

He groaned and threw his head back, his neck hitting his chair uncomfortably. This sudden action surprised Cat, and he bolted up from his short nap and hopped off of George's lap, a little irked from the disturbance. George sighed as he sat up straight, and spun the chair around to see Cat, who in turn decided to turn around as well when he heard the noise of his chair moving, to see what was going on. He eyed the feline, as he stared back at him.

"Sorry," he muttered, unapologetically, and the cat only blinked back at him, seeming unamused by his half-assed apology. It seemed what he thought would be an appropriate reply was to leave the room, as that was exactly what he did.

George was left alone in his room, with nothing to accompany him except the sunshine that crept in through the window and the birds outside the chirped among the flock.

With a sigh, he stood up and swept the curtains aside almost too dramatically, making few of the birds fly away from the branches of the tree near his room. He opened the window, and let the winds into his room. Surely he'd regret this later, perhaps he'd be grumbling about the mosquitoes he would have accidentally let in from opening his window wide, but the morning winter breeze going through his hair felt amazing, and he would just worry about the consequences later.

He took a deep breath, and looked around the vicinity. It was a view he had seen many times before, but never fully appreciated. From his room he could see the park, riddled with trees, and bushes trimmed well to keep the park looking nice and clean. The park looked so different at different times, where in the morning it would seem so full of energy, with kids running around and a few dogs and their owners out on their walk. In the afternoon, it would seem so romantic, with the sunset and golden hour nearing, basking the park with a prominent golden glow, making everything look like it was illuminated. And, in the night, it seemed so lonely, and a little scary, but still so peaceful.

Near the park was a convenience store that George was eternally happy to sit so close to his flat where he lived, because he didn't have to walk far to get anything that he needed on a whim. In line with the store were a restaurant that was relatively new, a cafe, and a milk tea shop he had gone to a few times before while running errands. The restaurant he had never really tried before as he could cook for himself pretty well, and the cafe he didn't really have a reason to walk into unless he was doing errands early in the morning, and was craving coffee.

He looked up at the sky, where the sun high above, and George knew it was almost going to be 8 AM. I want to talk to Sapnap, he thought, as he watched some of the kids play around at the park. It's probably really, really early for him, though.

He rested his arms on the windowsill and as he was about to crouch down a little bit to get into a better position, he heard a little noise from his computer. It was the little Ping! notification noise from discord, and knowing that he would only get notifications if it were important, he stood up straight, and made his way towards the computer, sitting back on his chair.