How It All Began

*huff*

A man in a cloak and heavy armor along with a huge sword ran for a while before collapsing.

'Damn it, I'm at my limit here. Who knows this'll be my last moment of living...'

He started crawling towards a tree and used the last of his strength to sit at the base of the tree. He looked to the skies to see various stars falling. "The spell has been cast. I just need to hang on before I go..."

"All my samples of the monster girls have been sealed and recorded...Now I just have to hold on to this book." He looked at the thick book. "Sorry, my dears. But it seems my world wouldn't exist for long. Who knows in the next reincarnation, I might be a monster in another Demon Realm, or live as spirit in the spirit realm?" he coughed up blood as his skin wrinkled.

"Wherever I am, I'll be with you all soon. No matter how many eons of reincarnation it takes. Goodbye." His job done, his corpse turned into a husk before collapsing into dust with the wind blowing him, for the scholar's job is finished. His spirit flies off into the endless sea of stars, forever wandering in the galaxy. 

Meanwhile, not long after his spirit flew off, the cloak the late scholar wore covered the book. The book itself flew off, following the spirit. And that book was the last thing that flew off before one of the falling stars touched the surface of the planet, engulfing its land in a huge explosion. Other explosions followed suit, with the planet-sized meteor finally causing the planet to explode.

What seems to be a few hours of travelling in the galaxy, is actually a few millennia in one's planet. Eventually, the book itself crashed into the ground of a new planet unnoticed, while the spirit lands into a house the moment a baby boy with blonde hair arrived into the world.

For that boy is one of the Arcs.

Centuries later...

"Hmm hm~" Ruby Rose hummed as she took a stroll in the Emerald Forest. Since she exterminated the Grimm in the area, she decided to take her pace and took a stroll back to Beacon. However, she didn't notice the slight bump under a dead tree until she tripped on it.

"Oof!" She landed face flat. Ruby got up later and notices the bump.

Ruby thought for a while. 'What is under here?' She used Crescent Rose to dig out the bump until she heard a ting. She stowed away her scythe as she used her hands to dust of the dirt, revealing a grimoire covered in rags.

"Hm?" She looked puzzled. "Maybe Doctor Oobleck knows what this is." She kept the grimoire as she continued on her way back to Beacon.

As she arrived at the academy, she sees Ren, Blake, Yang and Oobleck in a room reading.

"Hey guys!' She called out."Check out this weird book I found buried under a dead oak tree."She read the cover. "'Monster Girl Encyclopedia: The complete list of monster girls!' Huh, that's a funny name for a book."

"What?!" Oobleck, realizing what book Ruby has picked up, panics as shakes his head. "Ruby, no!"

Too late. Ruby opens up the book, the room goes dark as an eerie green light shines out from the book. Ruby screams as several pink ghost-like apparitions are unleashed and fly off in various directions. Ruby tosses the book several feet away from her as everything goes back to normal. Ominous indistinct voices come from the book as it stop shaking. Everyone watches with widened eyes.

Elsewhere...

"HIYAH!" Jaune swung his sword.

"Phew, alright, that concluded for the daily training regimen." He sheathed his sword and started to leave, only to feeling something shiver within him.

'Why do I get the feeling that something good yet bad is going to happen to me?' he thought.

Deep inside him, something has been unlocked, for Jaune doesn't know that his life will be turned upside down with the appearances of new rivals wanting for him and him alone.