CHAPTER 4

"WHEN ZOMBIES FIRST CAME TO SEABROOK, we were outsiders, too," Eliza began as she mentioned to the zombies who are walking around.

"Which is why you need a great president like Zed to represent you," I continued, nodding to Zed beside me who was putting on a smile.

"We'd be honored if you guys joined us," Eliza said as Willa, Wyatt, and Wynter stood up, in front of us.

"Our pack is our pack," Willa stated as the other wolves went behind them, nodding, "We don't need anyone else, so..."

"Who doesn't want more friends?" Zoey said, coming in between us and the wolves.

"That would be me," I extended my arm and giggle a bit as Zoey came face-to-face with Wynter, "Underneath all that fluffy hair, I bet you're a real softie."

"I am a mean, mean werewolf, kid. I am tough and rough," Wynter declared, glaring at the little girl who just beamed at her innocently.

"Aww, you said 'ruff.' Like a sweet little puppy dog. Ruff, ruff!" Zoey commented, imitating a puppy, and did her best puppy dog eyes.

"We are beasts of the forest, we will never be tamed," As Wynter finished her sentence, Zoey petted Wynter as she started begging like a puppy who wants a belly rub, "Oh boy. Oh wow, that's great."

"Sorry," Wynter apologize to Willa as she glared a bit at her, I rolled my eyes. I was about to say something, but I was interrupted by Willa.

"We're nothing like you zombies," Willa stated as I raised a brow at her saying, "You are sort of like us."

"Your necklace is powered by some kind of energy, right?" I ask, although it's kind of noticeable because my abilities have the same energy they have, although I don't need a necklace or some kind.

"Kind of like an organic Z-band," Eliza compared, showing her z-band at the wolves.

"You're smarter than he looks," Willa said, flatly as she mentioned using her head at Zed, "Thanks."

"That necklace keeps you from fully wolfing out?" Zed asked, pointing at Willa's necklace as I shook my head, knowing what it does already.

"The opposite," Willa answered.

"It makes them stronger, Zed. The energy inside their necklace is the same as my power's energy, it makes them fully wolf. Just like the energy that's coursing in me to bear powers," I informed them as Zed gave me a perplexed look, although I was confused also. I had no idea what I said but I just did it, I gave Zed a shrug as Eliza asked, "So without it, you'd be human?"

"No, we'd die. We'd be nothing," If they die, what could happen to me if I lose the energy inside me?

"Imagine how alive you'd feel if you didn't have to tamp things down. Hold back your true selves," As Willa said those words, I started to feel a power inside me, that wants to get out. A part of me wants to recover.

"Actually, I've got this theory that zombies might've evolved beyond their need for—" Eliza was interrupted by Zed, putting his hand on her mouth.

"Z-bands are great. They help you fit in," Zed exclaimed, removing his hand from Eliza.

"And I think you guys would have a much better time at Seabrook if you just followed in our footsteps," Zed reasoned out as I rolled my eyes.

"Join a club, play football. I'll even teach you how to tackle," Zed said to Wynter as she growled a bit, "Just lighten up."

"Be more like us."

~

"Hey," I said, going to Wyatt as Zed and Eliza left to go home.

"So, wanna go get a fro-yo?" I asked as his face lit up like a kid on Christmas day, "I thought you'd never ask."

"Hey coach, I'll have the chocolate please," I said as the coach smiled at me and started making my order, not before greeting me and Wyatt.

"Hey Cass, finally getting along?" Coach asked as he handed me my fro-yo and raised a brow at Wyatt who was still deciding what to order, "I'll have chocolate too."

"I won't say getting along, I still don't trust them. I'm just trying to figure out what they're planning," I said, whispering to the coach as Wyatt started to talk to a kid who went to him.

"Well, at least try to give them a chance. Here, kid," Coach said as he gave Wyatt his fro-yo. I nod at him as we waved goodbye, leaving not before the coach yelled, "You guys make a good couple!"

"What was that?" Wyatt asked as we made our way o the park, eating our food as I shook my head softly.

"Nothing you need to worry about," I answered, looking at him as he was deep in thought.

"What are you thinking?" I asked him as he looks at me, surprised a bit.

"Nothing you need to worry about," He said, mocking me in a small high tone of voice. I punch his shoulder as he looked taken aback, holding the place where I punched him.

"Ouch, you almost punch like a man," He said, doing a hurt face as he laughed a bit. I rolled my eyes as he hit my shoulder in return, I snorted and said, "I could say the same to you."

"Hey!" Wyatt said, offended as we both laugh and sit on a bench nearby a pond. It was awkward for a moment but I decided to break the atmosphere by asking, "Can you tell me what she was like?"