CHAPTER 9

Cassandra's P. O. V.
"Do you know how to remove this thing, Addie?" I asked, trying to remove the cuff with my powers but it seems that I have gotten weak.

"Cassie," Addison freaked out, pointing at my hair as I stopped pulling the cuff and checked my hair out to see that it's completely white, "Well, it does look good on you."

"That isn't my problem right now," I said, trying to stand up with the chair with Addison's help, "I gotta find Elisa to help me with this."

"I'll be back in a sec," I said as Addison nodded, while I began to make my way to Eliza.

~

"Vote for me, because I swear I'm no monster," Zed announced, hand in his pocket as he gasped, pulling out his hand to see Addison's necklace attached to his wristband. Black veins started to appear as he roared, losing control of himself, "Oh no!"

"Addison's necklace is shutting down your Z-band," Eliza yelled as she came closer to Zed, I was doing the same. I tried to get inside his mind to calm him down, but I couldn't because my power was getting weaker by the second.

"See! He's a monster!" Bucky declared at the crowd that was screaming from fear as the other zombies tried to calm them down, "Can't let them see me as a monster!"

"Breathe. Focus, okay? You can control this. You don't have to hide, Zed," Eliza called out to her friend, but he just ignored her. I waved my hands in front of him as he looked ready to attack me.

"Zed, hey! Listen to my voice, big guy, you can fight this. Control it," I called out, trying to calm him down but Bucky was not helping, he wasn't afraid of him because he knew that Zed wouldn't attack him, "I know you won't hurt me, big guy. But they don't!"

"Go on, throw it!" Bucky tempted Zed as he took hold of the stand, throwing it in my direction, but I was glad I had the chair, it became my shield at the moment.

"Zed, the necklace!" Eliza screamed at him, pointing at the necklace that was damaging his wristband. I quickly ran to him, despite the heavy chair I was cuffed with, removing the necklace from his Z-band as he returned to his normal self. But the smile he had on when I entered was gone.

"Zed, hold up," I called out for him as I ran out the room, following Zed while Eliza helped me carry the chair I was cuffed to. Curse Wyatt, I thought, should turn him to a toad.

"I lost the election," Zed pointed out, I sighed at him as Eliza replied, "Maybe."

"Yeah, you did," I remarked, sitting on the chair I was cuffed to as I looked at Zed. His head was low, thinking bout what just happened. Eliza glared a bit at me before rolling her eyes and continued.

"Look, but the problem is you lost yourself first," Eliza explained, Zed looking at her with teary eyes. I frowned at him as I went up and hugged him, although it was quite hard considering I was cuffed to a chair.

"Come here, buddy. Let me give you a hug," I suggested, wrapping my arms around him, almost getting Zed hit by the chair, so I informed, "Watch out for the chair!"

"If I offer to manipulate everyone, would that make you better?" Zed laughed a little at my suggestion as he shook his head 'no', saying, "No need, Cassie."

"Ah, good. Because I think my powers are getting weaker," I mentioned, both of them looking at me with worry. I shrug my head and wave their worry off.

"Can I ask why you're cuffed to a chair?" Zed asked, out of the blue as I let go of the hug. I shook my head 'no' and answered, popping the p, "Nope."

"But you can help me take it off," I said to Eliza as she smiled at me, taking out a bobby pin. She took the cuffs off me successfully as I thanked her with a big smile, "Thank you very much, now you gave me a chance to kill Wyatt."