Expect the unexpected

'The worst thing you can be is a coward! You can do this

'The worst thing you can be is a coward! You can do this.'  Yuri chanted to himself as he was heading to Arden's apartment.

Yuri let his imagination run wild and it was painful and tiresome for him, he counted every single possibility that can happen, and out of all possibilities, only one outcome seemed positive.

He rubbed his hand over his face let out a deep sigh and looked at the already slightly opened door of Arden's door. Maybe he's expecting someone, I shouldn't- No you'll go and get this over with. Slowly pushed the door a little open only to be welcomed by nothing but darkness.

"I shouldn't... I really shouldn't".

He stepped inside uncomfortably, even though when his mind was telling him to go back but for some reason, his muscles denied to that way. Glancing around but seeing only darkness other than the only source of light coming in from the half-opened door.

He cleared his throat to speak up but stopped when he heard a soft bark, followed by, "wait, who's there?".

The bark started getting frequent, "Yes, whoever you are... O-Oggy here will fight you," the trembling voice said. "Who are you?"

"Uh... Liam." Yuri said, uncertainly, shrinking his eyes to see in the dark.

"No! I am Liam. You liar!" Liam said in an afraid voice.

"It's me-" Yuri was introducing himself, when the light flicked on, "Yuri...."

He blinked several times to adjust the light and came to see a surprised looking Liam with a small and golden coated Pomeranian beside him.

Yuri looked to his side and found a more surprised looking, shirtless Arden standing by the light switch with wide eyes staring right back at him, stopped in a mid-yawn.

Without any permission his eyes stared back at Arden, his hair was lazily ruffled, the strands sticking above signalling that he was sleeping. Arden haphazardly pushed his hair with a quick motion, so they intertwined into beautiful chaos.

"Uncle Yuri! Why didn't you say it was you?" Liam said, making both of them divert their gaze.

"I-um-" Yuri stuttered, and he tugged his sleeves, as he tried to say something while glancing around unceremoniously, his palms were getting sweaty as he realised how he just entered into someone's house without any warning or permission. 

His eyes ended up meeting Arden in the midway, but he quickly averts his attention back to Liam. Arden catches a blush seared through Yuri's cheeks which were easily visible from the distance which he did a failed attempt to hide. Within a few seconds, Arden felt his face on fire, finally allowing his mind to be aware of the current scenario.

"He is very cute," Yuri said, signalling towards the dog. "I-I will come some other time..." Yuri murmured, not sure to himself or Liam, "Yeah..."

"No!" Arden said, abruptly, speaking for the first time in this whole situation, but his gaze fell on Liam, realizing it probably isn't the best time to talk.

"Yeah... I think so," Arden said softly, Yuri glanced back at Arden and then to a very confused faced Liam, realizing what's Arden is thinking, he nodded.

"Yes..." Yuri said with an uneasy smile, "I- 'll just go... Yeah," Yuri said more likely to himself and shifted uncomfortably out of the apartment. This situation wasn't the part of any outcomes that Yuri had thought of.

Arden let out a disappointed sigh, looking over Liam knowing the upcoming flood of questions.

...

'I'm sorry about today, I woke up after April called me to tell me that, Liam took the key to  the apartment from her and wanted to surprise me... and you came here does that mean I'm forgiven?' 
— Arden

...

'You shouldn't be the one apologizing.' — Yuri

.

.

.

.

Thanks for reading!