Flirting?

Val hit the alarm to shut it off and stretched her limbs, attempting to climb out of the bed and failing. The girl looked confused at the arms around her waist. She followed the arms up to Carol's face and stared at her for a few minutes, that was until Carol moved. Carol - arms still encircling Val's waist - rolled over pulling Val with her and accidentally dropped her onto the floor. Val shrieked as she hit the floor and startled the other girl, who immediately jumped out of the bed.

"Are you okay?" Carol said crouching down to help Valkyrie up.

"Yeah, I just uhh fell," Val explained, "I was trying to wake you up and tripped. Sorry for scaring you." Carol burst out laughing at the clumsy girl before helping her up.

"It's not that funny," Val grumbled and headed to her closet. She chucked some clothes at Carol and pulled out her own. The two dressed and prepared breakfast for themselves.

"What will we be doing today?" Carol questioned as they sat down to eat.

"Well, we'll be needing to help the fishermen with the fishing boxes, that kind of thing ya know?" Val answered digging into her meal. They ate in silence until the door went. They look at each other before gulping down the rest of their breakfast as fast as they could. They finished the meal, Carol heading to the door and Val taking the plates to the kitchen.

"Hey Thor, Heimdall. Val is just cleaning up but then were ready to go," Carol explained to the boys. Val popped round the corner a few seconds later and started getting her shoes on.

"Oh Carol, you'll probably need to tie your hair up," Thor said as he turned out of the door. Carol rolled her eyes and took the hair band Val offered to her and pulled her hair into a ponytail and stepped out of the house. Val laughed at the attitude expressed from the other girl and followed the others out towards the docks. 

"Where's Loki?" Carol questioned as they set up for work. 

"I suggested he stay at home," Heimdall replied, "He needed to heal from his neck injury and would constantly complain about his pain." Carol nodded and turned to listen to Val. She explained to the two others about how they needed to help the other fishermen. The four got to work - joking and talking to the other workers. Carol stayed close to Val, following her lead and asking how to tie the fisherman's knot. 

"Okay, come here," Val said walking over to the taller woman and grabbing her hands. Carol stared at Val's hands gripping her own and smiled at the woman before her. 

"Tie two over hand knots on each rope," Val explained demonstrating as she spoke, "Now pull them tighter." She held the knot in her hands. Carol stared at her in disbelief  while Val laughed at her expression.

"Oh god," Val sighed and held Carol's hands whilst she retied the knot. Carol nodded and tied the knot by herself almost perfectly. 

"There you go!" Val smiled and patted Carol on her head.

"Hey!" Carol feigned annoyance before joining in with Val's laughter.

Thor watched the two interact before turning back to his own work, smiling at the two women a couple feet away from him. 

At 12 pm, all of the workers stopped for a lunch break allowing the four of them to go check on Loki. They walked into the house and found the god with lunch set on the table.

"Loki, did you do this?" Thor asked confused at his brother's behaviour. Loki shrugged.

"I was bored," he drawled, rolling his eyes. Thor stared at him and furrowed his brow.

"And I wanted to thank Carol for saving me," he sighed.

"Oh thank you, Loki! I appreciate this," Carol said to the trickster.

"Don't mention it again," he replied as they all sat down to eat lunch together.

"Aww Loki, you finally found your heart," Thor joked messing up Loki's hair. He attempted to fix his hair, glaring at his brother.

"I poisoned you food," he revealed to Thor who laughed at his brother's ridiculousness. "Fine, I didn't" he said and stabbed the food on his plate.

"Are they always like this?" Carol whispered to Val, leaning closer to the girl. Val nodded and turned to look and the girl beside her. They locked eyes for a second before they returned to their meals in front of them. Thor watched them do this and raised an eyebrow at the two girls. He remembered what happened yesterday at Val's house and curiosity over the relationship befalling the two women nibbled at his brain. He continued to watch their interactions as they all ate their meals.

Once they had finished, the four left Loki and returned to helping the fishermen, Thor curiously watching the two women.