Father?!

THERE. There it was. The DEATH NOTE, it was sitting there so peacefully right on my desk. What is this?!? Why was it on my desk?? Did someone know my identity and found out about my return? it made no sense. As I pondered at these questions, I heard the footsteps getting louder and louder and without a moment of hesitation, I grabbed the book and hid it inside the desk which I had tampered with. I quickly closed it and waited for the person to come into my room.

Badum, Badum, BADUM, BADUM. My heart started beating faster and faster as I heard the footsteps approaching my door. The footsteps stopped and I heard the 3 knocks. 

knock Knock, Knock. "Light?"

In shock, my eyes grew big. There's no mistake, that was definitely my father. It felt like the door was opening in slow motion. It was only a few seconds but it felt like minutes had passed. The final moment happened, my father had opened the door. As soon as I saw his face I immediately screamed: "HOW?" 

"How, what Light? Are you ok? It's time for dinner, come down to eat." my father replied as he walked out of my room. Before he could walk out the door, I had to ask how he was alive 

"Wait.. um.. How are you.." I paused

My father looked back "How am I what?" 

"nothing" I decided it was best to keep quiet until I figured out what was really going on. There are 4 things I could assume in this situation, 1st I never actually died, 2nd my father faked his death, 3rd, there's still someone out there that puts a threat to my life and 4th, they're setting me up.

 "For now I'll play along but if they do anything...." I turned around to the cabinet where I left the DEATH NOTE......

I went down to have "dinner". I suspect that there are cameras located everywhere in the house. I can't carelessly do things. WAIT. if surveillance cameras were located inside my room.... that means that they probably saw me put the death note inside my drawer. the drawer that'll shoot fire out if I don't use my way. 

HOW CAN I BE SO STUPID?!?...... for now the best way is to pretend I don't know anything. I walked down to my chair at the table and saw my whole family there. Information, was the thing I lacked the most currently. 

"so...Any big news recently?" I asked. I couldn't just bring up Kira. "No, were you expecting anything, light dear?" my mom replied

"No"

"ok"

Was my family also pretending to know nothing? what exactly is going on? 

 Nothing makes sense. Why don't they just arrest me? They already know I'm Kira, why are they still testing me? This is so confusing!

After dinner, I turned on the TV, I had to see if there were news about Kira. After flipping through many channels, I came across a channel that showcased a bunch of criminals. I watched it hoping for at least the tiniest bit of information about Kira but to my surprise, Kira was never mentioned but instead, I saw the criminals that appeared on TV when I first got the DEATH NOTE for the first time.

 Then it occurred to me. Now it made sense. Even though I don't believe it, I have to believe it.