The Truth

I don't know why this never occurred to me, in this situation my best guess is that time was manipulated. I probably went back in time but why? but how? 

If going back in time is really what happened then my only concern right now, is what time I'm living in. I barely remember but I remembered that the criminals that had appeared on TV just now, were one of the first that I've killed. That means I've traveled back to when I first get the notebook.... but... I this time, instead of picking up the notebook from the ground, it was in my room. That means that the current time I'm living in should change a bit too, right? 

That might not be the case depending on how the notebook ended up in my room if it was a shinigami or someone/something that doesn't belong in this world were to give it to me, most likely everything should be pretty much the same, based off the information of the criminals being the same as before. This theory should be right because even the tiniest thing can change things quite a lot.

I went back to my room after I finished dinner. There shouldn't be surveillance cameras in my room either. I went back into my room and grabbed the notebook, I looked at it trying to decide what I would do with it. 

I decided that Even though I would have a full advantage, I would pretty much do the same thing up to the point where I died in the past but fix my tactics a little, in that case, I can still assume what was coming ahead. This time I WON'T lose to Near and Mello this time. However... this time I won't kill L.

I remember the day I killed L crystal clear. At the time I was stupid, I smiled as I saw the life drain out of him but I realized after that L had been more important to me than I had realized, sure I did consider him to be a major threat and my greatest enemy but, it felt like he and I understood each other. The day L died, was one of the worst days I could think of and that is why, when I saw Near wear a mask of you, I got so angry. the thoughts that flew through my head came rushing in and I wanted to kill him so bad. No one could EVER replace you, you're special to me.

People probably think I'm heartless for not caring for anyone and.... that was true, before I met you I thought that I couldn't feel strong emotions such as love, but I realize now that I love L like the love I've ever expressed before. The feeling was so new to me, I was clueless, I never experienced love before and I deeply regret the day you died but that's why this time I won't make the same mistake again.