MUSOC

ML MET 7005 - mission obj1-2 complete proceeding to obj3

Moreno shut the door to her office then walked over to her bar. She poured water into two glasses from a crystal decanter. She took the glasses and returned to the desk. She put one glass in front of Even then sat down.

Are the clothes comfortable. Moreno gestured.

Even tugged at the collar of his new coveralls. Then he reached down into his bag and retrieved the crystaline datastore.

I have fulfilled my end of the deal. Even slid the device across the desk.

Moreno took a sip of water from her glass.

That is the data then. She asked.

Yes.

Moreno took out her palmcoder and did something on it.

It's done. She slid the device back to him.

The exposed knub of crystaline matrix was black. As Even watched it grew clear.

I must verify. He took out his palmcoder and, via nearfield, connected with the storage.

It's here. He said after a moment. I have it.

Moreno sat there regarding him with her dark eyes.

I simply must know.

You don't. He said sharply.

Then I want to know. I am a scientist. I am curious.

Let's make another deal. A piece of my property was damaged. I need it repaired.

Moreno laughed. Nico told me. Don't worry, you're not the first.

You recognised her, when we came in. Said Even. Why.

Don't answer. I don't care. I know you are hiding things. Fortunately for you I do not care what corrupt things you had going on here. I have what I want. Even picked up the datastore and returned it to his bag. Almost. Can you fix her.

She killed someone.

Even nodded.

A wipe and reset job.

No. Governor has to go.

That is illegal.

Somehow, I doubt you care. Can you do it.

Yes. Moreno nodded. Of course I'll need something. Two things.

Even sighed.

Nico told me how you lost your arm. That you got a new one. Cybernetic.

But I know it's not. It's a part for a synthetic.

Are you suggesting I'm a synthetic.

Moreno shook her head. You're human. I scanned you. So that part should not be compatible with you.

She took another sip of water.

Which makes me curious. Like I said. Scientist.

Even nodded. Accepted.

One other thing. I need everything you know about Nico. Everything you suspect about Nico.

Even raised his eyebrow. Accepted.

Her inputs are damaged.

How do you know that.

I tried to connect to her when you first came to us. To confirm what she was.

Only the modem is destroyed. Her jack is fine.

There was a knock then on the door. Without waiting for an answer, the door slid opened and one of the scientists came in. He looked briefly from Even to Moreno.

I'm sorry. He adjusted his glasses. It's urgent. Someone is here.

Moreno stood.

Terms are accepted.

Agreed said Moreno. As she walked over to the door she glanced back.

Are you coming. She said.