|CHAPTER EIGHT|

Remi wakes with a jolt of fright, the sound of her front door slamming open resonating through the house. She stands quickly, trailing through the house and quickly spotting Dean at the kitchen table. "Hey," she greets softly. "Are you feeling okay?"

He doesn't reply and Remi takes it upon herself to round the table, trailing a soft hand across his back as she does so. "Dean," she hums.

His hands twitch but he doesn't look up.

"What's going on?" She wonders. "Did something happen?"

Dean let's out a humorless laugh. "You'll think i'm a monster,"

Remi frowns, "I could never think that."

The winchester looks up sharply. "They offered me a deal,"

Remi pauses at that. "Dean," she chides. "If you've learned anything from deals with demons, isn't it that you should say no?"

Dean swallows thickly, "they offered to stop torturing me."

Remi blinks, her fingers drumming nervously on the table. "Okay..."

"If I was the one doing the torturing."

The Williams inhales sharply, "other people?"

Dean nods once.

"Oh," Remi breathes softly. She shuffles over to him and pulls out a chair, her legs being bracketed between his thighs as they turn toward each other. "You'll be okay. You—you'll do what you have to do, okay? This doesn't make you a bad person. It makes you a survivor."

"Is that what you have to tell yourself in order to feel better?" He asks coldly.

Remi fixes him with a look, "I'm not trying to make myself feel better. I'm trying to make you feel better."

Dean grimaces, "this seriously doesn't bother you?"

Remi shrugs, "should it?"

"Probably,"

Remi feels a shift in the air and she sighs, "if I don't see you again for a while, I won't worry, okay? I'll know where you are."

Dean grabs her hand and squeezes, giving her a weak smile. "I'll be seeing you, Remi."

"Yeah," she rasps as his hand fades from hers. "I'll be seeing you, Dean."

Remi waits for days and days, her tired eyes searching for Dean Winchester. He never comes.