Chapter 5

Chapter 5

Zayn's POV

"Zaynie?" I cringed at Perrie's nickname for me. I wasn't some kind of pet or something. "Zaynie Boo, you okay?"

"Hmm?" I looked up at Perrie who was looking at me concerned. We went out for lunch, though I'd rather be at the fair with the lads or just lounging around at home. Perrie kept going on about her clothes and the other girls of Little Mix. I had a lot on on my mine so I kinda tuned out.

I kept thinking about Olivia and that kiss. Man, that kiss was perfect. So much love in such a short time. It was perfect, but I was just caught in the moment. I'm sure Livi didn't feel a thing. We were just friends. Nothing more, nothing less. Livi was like my little sister. I didn't see her like that.

"I'm fine. Just thinking." I said quickly. Perrie seemed to buy it and went on talking.

"So how are the boys?" She asked as I picked at my food.

"Good. Loud. Crazy. The usual." I laughed dryly. "I think they're at the fair with Josh, Ben, and Olivia."

Perrie tensed at Olivia's name. "Olivia, huh? How is she?"

"She's good. We went shopping the other day..."

"Just you and her?" Her eyebrow shot up, a tense look on her face.

"No." I reassured her. "The lads, Josh, and Ben were there." I placed my hand near my pocket, ready to reach in for the bracelet I had picked out for her. "And, I got this for you, babe."

Her eyes widened and her expression softened. "Aww, I love it! Thank you, baby." She kissed my cheek as I smiled lightly.

You love Perrie, remember? Not Livi. Only Perrie.

I kissed her hand, after she slipped on the bracelet, marveling it. She blushed and squeezed my hand. We left the restaurant a little while after, sharing many kisses, every kiss making me forget Olivia with each one. I held my baby close as we walked down the street, hands intertwined and swinging along. I saw flashes out of the corner of my eye and immediately knew it was paparazzi.

"Zayn! Are you dating Josh Devine's sister?!"

"You were seen leaving the mall together!"

"Perrie! How do you feel about this?!"

"Ignore them." I whispered to Perrie as we walked to my car. She nodded slowly and tried to block out the paparazzis shouts and hollers. I opened up the door for her and then quickly got on my side.

"She's nothing to me, babe. Nothing."

Unfortunately, Perrie's window was slightly down. The paps heard this and no doubt it'd be in every article later today.

No doubt Liv would see this.

I just screwed up everything.

Olivia's POV

My hands grew weak as I held my phone. I couldn't believe it. My mind just could wrap around it.

"She's nothing to me."

"A charity case."

Fans bombarded me with questions, asking about Zayn and my friendship and asking if he said all those hurtful words. I wanted to say it wasn't true, but honestly I wasn't sure. I turned off my phone, ignoring my thousands of followers as I cried in my room, pushing past Ben who probably yelled after me.

Ben noticed my distress and I felt more weight on one side of the bed. A gentle hand touched my back, making me shiver at the contact. He made me sit up and lifted my chin, forcing my red eyes to look at him.

"Liv? What's wrong, babe?" He stroked my hair after I read his lips. I sniffed and picked up my phone. My tears fell as I put my passcode in, splashing against the glass screen. I silently handed him my phone as he read over the article. He looked so angry, I thought he might explode.

"I don't believe this." He murmured. "This must be fake."

Oh but it wasn't Ben. I pointed out that it was a reliable resources. There was video and everything. He told Perrie I was nothing to him. There was no way around it. He said that. About me. It wasn't an accident. It was directed to me and for me and it hurt like crazy. I sobbed on Ben's shoulder.

"You wanna get some ice cream? Ice cream makes everything better."

I nodded slowly and got up, wiping my eyes as Ben took my hand and walked me downstairs after I cleaned up my face a bit. I was still sniffing a lot, my nose red and still finding it hard to smile. Josh had fallen asleep on the couch so I slipped my boots quietly and grabbed a scarf, wrapping it around my neck and walked out with Ben. My phone vibrated and I looked to see Harry's name.

"Hey babe, you all right? :/"

I sighed and quickly replied 'No'. I wouldn't lie to him. He obviously knew.

I just accepted the fact that'd it always be Perrie > me. Girlfriend over their best friend.

"I'll talk to Zayn later." Harry replied, and no matter how many times I told him no he kept pressing it. He said it was right and I couldn't stop him.

As I cried in the car, I suddenly wish I was blind instead of deaf. Then I'd never have to read the words that hurt me the most.