Chapter one: Ball

Sighing as a cold breeze past through my face, i was heading back to home after i took a long run, my wolf- Kina, seems need a release, while she's giving me a head-ache right now. She seems on to something.

Today the Alpha's son will step into it's position, i haven't seen him yet, cause his actually not from here, he landed here a few days ago, but the Alpha himself insisted for the pack members to meet him at a so-called ball.

Opening the front door, i was thrown with a shouting right in front of my face.

"And where the heck did you go?" My step-mother asked as she hold's a straightener at her hand she was dressed in a black fitted fress with diamond surrounding in it.

"I go for a run." I said heading upstairs not caring about her, she was always like that, i don't even think about her as a mother, she treat me like shit since first time she moved here with my step-sister.

"For a whole one hour?" She ask, fake laughing, she shook her head and sat on the living room where my fully cake face sister was giving me a smirk.

"Sorry mother." I said hunging my head low, as i proceed to went upstairs.

"What's with the commotion all around?" My father asked fixing his tie.

"Well here is your daughter gone for one hour." My step-mother said fixing her broomed hair.

"Pull it off, it's just an hour Rosefine, give my girl some alone time." My father said, sort of my superhero, i heard my step-sister- Morgan scoff, i smirk down at her just as she send daggers at me.

I mumble a 'thank you' on my dad as he kiss my temple.

"Go change now sweety, your gown is in your room." Dad said.

"Okay, i'll be out in thirty minutes." Closing my door, i spot a red gown on my bed, it hugs my curves as it show my right leg. Excited i strip into my jeans and shirt.

I do my rituals in the bathroom and for my face, as i am done taking a bath, i quickly do my makeup, deciding to do a smokey one that pop's up my green eyes, i also made my dirty blond hair into an elegent bun with a little curl hung at my face.

As i am done and satisfied i put my rob aside and carefully put my dress on, seeing my self in the mirror i gasped at my reflection there i see that i am not bad at red dresses, my pale white skin matches on it, while my right leg stood showing it fully shaved.

I took one glance and decide to head downstairs i saw my family downstairs my step-sis in a plump pink dress, my step-mother in her black ones and my father in his tailor suit looking as handsome as ever.

Getting beside my dad and locking his hand's with mine. "You look beautufil sweetcake." My father said lookikg down at me while i smile at him warmly.

We step outside to only greeted with a limo, we all get inside and head towards the pack ball.

Not too long, maybe only a six minutes ride? We already arrive, the event was huge purple and yellow light's lit up the exterior of the event. What could be the inside.

I took my fathers hand as we walked into a never endless stairs, once we reached the top my father and I panting for breath as we just chuckle and head towards the double doors.

Opening it we were greeted with a full of crowded people in gowns and suits. My family and I walked side by side, my father took hold on my mother while i excuse my self from them and see Medeline at a table.

"Father, excuse me i saw Medeline there, i'll find you later." I said excusing myself and walking at my friend, well we just known each other for half a year.

"Hey Mede." I said hugging her, she was in a gown, like really a gown, but it's in gold color, i felt out of place standing beside her.

"Hey Candice." She greets me a huge smile plastered on her face.

"So who you waiting for?" I ask as i took a champagne behind her.

"I was waiting for somebody, Jake or should i say, Alpha Jake will be waiting for me." She said looking around, suddenly i felt uncomfortable with her, so i just took a sip.

"Why's that?" I ask putting the champagne back in the table.

"Okay so i'm going to tell you something just between you and me." She whispers and lean over to me.

I mumble an 'okay' for her to continue speaking.

"I'm his Luna." She whispers and giggle as my wolf whines for unknown reason, she should be happy, we're going to have a Luna.

"Wow, that's- that's great, congratulations." I said furrowing my eyebrows and nodding, confused at my wolf's behaviour.

"I know right." She said flicking her hair, umm... okay?

"So your mates huh?" I asked scanning the crowd until she fell silent.

"Umm no, he said, he already rejected her, so we have no biggie." She said grimacing, i felt bad, my wolf again whines.

"Well congrats." That's all i said until a warrior came beside us.

"Miss Amelia Stewart." The guy asked looking at the both of us.

"Luna Amelia." She said fake slapping the guy, his chest rumbles as she did it, but he seems confused, he still is looking at me, while i return a smile.

"The Alpha request for you to join them at the stage." The warrior said extending his hand.

"Goodbye for now Candice." She said is it me that just heard a venom lacing on her voice? Maybe just something, about my wolf.

I mutter a bye, then a sharp pain shoots towards my abdomen, i quickly exit and go out to the hallways.