1

I groaned as I woke up on the floor. "That's the fifth time this week." I thought to myself as I stood up. I look out my window at the cold, rainy streets of Newark. I sigh as I sit on the edge of my bed. "One day." I mumble. "One day I'll get out of here." My head shoots up when I hear a knock on the door. "Come in." I shout. The door opens and I smile when I see Rose, the owner of the orphanage walk in. "I just got an email. Guess who it's from?" she says as she sits in the chair in front of my desk. "Who?" I ask. "Frank Iero." she told me. "No way." I gasped as I looked at the My Chemical Romance poster that hung on the wall behind her. "Well I assume they'll be coming with him." she laughed. I chuckled at her bad pun and looked away from the poster. "What did the email say?" I question. "To sum it up it said he saw your profile on the website and is coming to pick you up later today." she explained. "You're kidding!" I said shock filling my voice. "Nope. Now start packing." she commanded as she stood up and walked out of my room.

I stood up and pulled my suitcase out of my closet. I don't have much so it all fits in my suitcase and I finish packing in less than an hour. I get changed and put the clothes that I had been wearing in my case before pulling on a beenie and racing down stairs. I walk over to Rose who seems to be attempting to find cartoons on the tv for the little kids. "You all done?" she asks as she finally finds a channel that was playing Yo Gabba Gabba. "Yep." I sigh. "What's wrong?" she questions. "It's just...I'm gonna miss you guys." I mutter as I look to the ground. I let out a shaky breath as Rose wraps her arms around me. When we finally pull apart I look over at the other kids and let out a sigh.

"What's the matter, Quinn?" Harley asks as he peers up at me from his spot in front of the tv. "I'll explain in a minute." Rose tells him as she walks over to her office. "Will everyone please come downstairs. I have an announcement." she says over the pa system. After a few minutes everyone is gathered in the living room. Rose explains what's going on as I look around at all the people that I had grown up with. My eyes land on Kai, my best friend, and I notice that he has tears streaming down his face. "P-please don't cry." I stutter as tears flood my eyes. "Oh and one more thing. I also got an email from Gerard Way this morning and he said that he wanted to adopt you and that he would be coming with Frank to pick you up." Rose said as she pointed to Kai. His face lit up and he flung his arms around my neck. We fell to the ground laughing as tears flowed from our eyes.

We had both waited 17 years for this and now that it's happening it honestly doesn't feel real. "W-we're finally gonna have a family." Kai laughs. I wipe my eyes as we stand up. "I'm gonna go pack." Kai says as he walks towards the stairs. "You should go eat something." Rose tells me. "I'm not that hungry." I lie. She sighs and walks off into her office. I walk upstairs and grab my suitcase and my skate board before walking to Kai's room. I lean against the door frame as he zips up his bag. He grabs his skate board and stands up. He jumps when he sees me. "Come on dumbass." I laugh. We go downstairs and set our stuff by the door.

Rose peaks her head out of her office and calls us over. She ushers us into her office and we sit in front of her desk. "As you already know you two have been here for 17 years which is longer than anyone has ever been her. So I feel it necessary to give you these." she said as she handed us both a small square box. I open mine and smile at the small, black locket.

I pick up the necklace and open the locket. On one side is a picture of Kai and I from when we were little and on the other is a picture of me and Rose. I smile as I look at Kai and see him holding basically the same thing.

I close the locket and clasp it around my neck. Kai does the same and we all stand up. Rose walks around her desk and pulls both of us into a hug. "They should be here soon you two should go wait in the living room." she says as we pull apart. We walk out of her office and into the living room.