11 | Call Eleven

❝So... friends?❞

Both of them were frozen in their places for some moments, but Fahad was the first one to snap out of the shock and mutter under his breath

“You're far from looking like a sloth.”

Fania too, snapped out of it and gave him a confused look, which he ignored with a nervous smile.

“This is awkward.” he mumbled looking at the floor.

“You can say that again.” Fania said as she leaned back on the couch seat and pushed her hair behind her ear. She spared him a quick side glance before sighing. “You can sit if you want, don't stand there like an idiot.”

Which you most probably are.

Fahad complied immediately, and sat across her with his back to the window. He gathered himself in the next few seconds and said;

“So... you can't ignore me now, huh?”

Fania folded her hands into fists. “Unfortunately.”

“Okay, ouch. I know how I approached you was a little creepy,” Fahad started.

“A little?” Fania raised a brow, making him look down at the table.

“Okay... Maybe not a little but very. But still, my intentions were not criminal. I was just curious.”

“About what?”

“You.”

His straightforward answer left Fania bemused. “Why?” she asked in a low tone.

“I don't know myself, I just was. You have a very unique personality, and I liked your voice.” he stated casually, but Fania could hear the teasing in his voice.

“Why are you flirting during a serious discussion?” she asked irritated. Fahad raised his hands in defense.

“I'm not flirting, just stating the truth. Anyways, you could've replied to the texts at least, I was going crazy while thinking of various different scenarios.” he complained.

“Good for you.” Fania replied mercilessly, making the guy give out a tired sigh.

“I'm sorry,” he finally said. Fania kept her eyes glued to the plate in front of her. “I shouldn't have messaged you, it was very unprofessional of me. I will delete your number and never contact you again from now on, but please just forgive me?”

Fania hated how he sounded so genuine. She also hated how her heart flipped at the thought of not being in contact with him. This day was the worst.

She cleared her throat and looked at him with a serious expression.

“Why did you come to check up on me?” she was trying to change the topic.

Fahad was somewhat relived. There was still hope, right?