14 | Call Fourteen

❝You... what?❞

That night, sleep stayed a miles away from Fania as she lay on her bed, staring up at the ceiling

That night, sleep stayed a miles away from Fania as she lay on her bed, staring up at the ceiling. A thousand thoughts were running through her mind at the same time, and she was very close to pulling her hair out from her scalp.

Her mother had not exactly plastered the proposal on her and told her to accept it immediately; she had told her to meet that guy named Shazain or whatever and then decide if she wanted to take the matter any further or not.

But Fania knew better.

The whole point of the lecture from before was to guilt trip Fania into accepting this proposal, because in Zubaida's eyes, Shazain was a perfect match for her daughter and will take well care of her needs financially.

But what about emotions?

She can't just meet the guy for only one time and decide whether she will be able to spend the rest of her life with him or not. What if he comes out to be a beast?

What if Fahad comes out to be a beast? An annoying voice at the back of her mind reasoned.

No. Fahad wasn't wearing a mask, she knew that much. Fania was an expert in judging people's true self from their eyes; and Fahad's were genuine. If he had wanted to do anything bad, he'd have done it by now, because after all, their friendship wasn't built on strong grounds. They had met through a call, and in today's world, you only find two-faced people on there.

Fania let out a sigh and closed her eyes. When did she even fall for him? She had no answer to that question.

Funny how a person who you've known for only a month can become so special that the mere idea of losing them can shake you to the core.

Or maybe that's how soulmates are supposed to work? Random, and completely out of the blue? You don't know that he or she was made for you until one day, your soul screams that it has found its partner and it comes out to be the person you least expected and was in front of you all along.

Fania groaned and turned on her side before pulling the comforter over her head. She will just sleep (which is a tough task tonight), because Fahad was going to help her promote her new cupcake flavour tomorrow.

◼ ◼ ◼

Fahad had told her about his plan the next day on call when she was in her dad's office, and she was actually surprised by his cleverness. He had decided to give her cupcakes free with the pizzas as a dessert in his restaurant along with the brochures of her cake shops. Fania's cake shops were already famous around the town but they were still behind the popularity level of Pepper N Spice. This idea will gain her more publicity than her clown one, and she was not ashamed to admit it to him.

She was falling more for him and she still had to figure out if he felt the same way or not. Because ruining their friendship was not part of her plan.