alexithymia

(n.) the inability to express your feelings

people began to arrive around 5 and i had made my rounds to everyone i knew so far

"the harpers just got here." someone warned me.

i walked towards the door and caught max eating at the cheese bar.

"gracie is here."

"ohmy gahd." he muffled, with his mouth full.

i sped towards the door and met mrs. and mr. harper, as well as gracie.

"hi, welcome back." i said as i shook their hands and i pulled gracie in for a hug.

"max is over by the cheese bar." i whispered before i pulled away from the hug, and she immediately made her way over.

"where is your mother? i have something for her." i notice the small box in her hands.

"i'm not sure at the moment but i would be happy to give it to her myself if you would like." i offer.

"that's ok. i'll find her. if you come across her, let her know i am looking for her." she nodded.

i shut the door and turned to head to the kitchen before i heard the door bell ring yet again.

i opened it to see a family i didn't fully recognize. i noticed the young girl i had met in the parking lot, rosie and her brother from the office.

"hi, my name is elsie rhodes. welcome." i greeted them.

"hello. my name is juliet charmichal and this is hudson and rosaline charmichal." she introduced the kids that were standing besides her.

"there are drinks in the kitchen straight ahead and there are cheeses to my right and appetizers to the left. dinner starts at seven fifteen." i smiled.

"thank you." she replied.

before i get called away again, i figured i would run to my room and sit for a moment, as i'm feeling a little overwhelmed.

i say on my bed with my hands on my knees and exhale. big crowds usually aren't my thing. i'm not necessarily afraid of them but they just make my nervous and overwhelmed.

i grab out my phone and open a few of my socials and then i heard my door handle jiggle.

"what up?" i see nessa pop her head in.