Chapter seven

The wheels in my head turn

The wheels in my head turn. My dad was a werewolf? How did I not know about this? "Does that mean that i'm..." I trail off.

"No, as long as your mother is human you probably won't be a werewolf. The transition would have happened by now. It happens when your around 13 or 14, so you should be fine." Derek says.

"Thank god." I pause for a second, "Anyway thanks for the info, but I gotta go now, my moms probably worried about me." I say before walking out the side door. Then I stop and walk back in. "Stiles can I get a ride? I don't know how to get to my house from here." Stiles nods and grabs his keys.

___________________________

Stiles pulls up outside my house. "Thanks for the ride." I say as I undo my seatbelt.

Just as I reach for the door I hear Stiles say, "Are you okay. I mean with finding out your dad hid a huge secret from you?"

I turn to look at Stiles. "It wouldn't be the first time." Before he could respond I get out of the car and close the door behind me. I walk into my house. "Mom! You home!" I yell into the dark house. I hear no response so I assume she's still at work.

I head up to my room and flop onto my bed still in my lacrosse gear. I lay there for a few minutes. Knowing I need to have a shower I get up and head to the bathroom.

I turn the shower on and undress. Silently I step into the the hot water. For a few seconds I just stand there as the water cascades down my body. Why did my dad keep so much from me? Did he not think I could handle it? Was he trying to protect me? Why would I need protecting from who ever my mother is? Was she that bad of a person? Or was she scared of my father, what he was, what she thought I would of become? Is that why she left?

I had enough thinking about it. Quickly I finish my shower and wrap a towel around my waist. I walk over to the mirror. All I see is a blurry reflection of my self. Did she not want me? Was she scared of me? Why didn't my dad ever tell me anything?

I start to get angrier and angrier. I've been keeping all my rage pent up inside for year. Anger at my dad for not telling me anything. Anger at my mother for leaving before I was even a week old. And most of all, anger at myself for not being good enough for her, and anger at myself for not being strong enough for my dad.

Suddenly I feel like I can't keep it inside anymore. I lash out. My fist collides with the mirror immediately shattering it. Blood starts to leak from the cuts in my hands. I collapse to the floor.

"Honey are you okay!" I hear my mom call out from down stairs. She must of just gotten home. When I didn't respond she started to run up the stairs. She opens the bathroom door to see me curled up on the floor. "Oh my gosh, what happened?" She ask frantically. I don't respond tears brimming in my eyes. She looks at my hands and sees that they're bleeding. "Oh Randall, what did you do to yourself," she stands up and opens the medicine cabinet and pulls out a first aid kit. "Let's get you fixed up, okay." She softly says. She pulls out a roll of bandages out of the bag and begins to wrap it around my hand.

After she's finished wrapping my hand I bring my mom into a tight hug. She hugs me back tighter. Tears start to fall down my checks. "Why didn't he ever tell me who she was?" I choke out into my moms shoulder.

My mom stays quite for a second then answers. "I'm sure he had your best interests in heart. He was probably protecting you." She says. She pulls back from the hug and looks at my face.

"But why do I need protecting from the identity of my mother?" I ask as more tears fall down my face.

She whips them away. "I don't know sweetie," she says before pulling me in for another hug. We sat there hugging for what felt like hours. "I think you need to get some sleep." My says, detangling herself from the hug and standing up. She offers me a hand and I take it. I look down at my bandaged hand. "Come let's get out of here." She says putting an arm around my shoulder.

We walk to my room. Once we get there I stop outside of it. "Sorry for scaring you" I say quietly before opening my bedroom door and quickly walking inside. I get dressed into my pyjamas and hop into bed. I turn my bed side lamp off and get plunged into darkness.

My eyes get heavy and I fall into a dreamless sleep.

_______________________________

I wake up to the sound of my phone ringing. I look over at it and see Mason is calling me. Quickly I pick it up, "was up man, I say groggily.

"Me and Liam are going for a run in the preserve. Want to come?" He asks.

I think about for a few seconds. "Sure I'll meet you guys there in 20." I say. He agrees and I quickly jump out of bed. I fumble around my draws for something to wear, I settle for a pair of shorts and a hoodie. I throw them on and run down stairs to grab a quick snack before I leave. "Mom i'm going on a run with Mason and Liam, I'll be home after school!" I yell.

When I get to the preserve I see Mason and Liam waiting by a tree. "Hey guys," I shout from a few meters away. Mason waves and smiles. Liam also waves but his eyes look distance as if he was thinking of something.

"Hey Randy." Mason yells, then he notices my bandaged up hand. "What happened to your hand?" He asks.

"Oh, nothing just accidentally cut is all. Let's go for a run." I say quickly changing the subject. They agree and we start to run down the path.

Everything is quite until Mason starts to talk about Garret and Violet. "It's not just that we were friends with them, they were using us for their cover! I mean, professional killers were using us." Mason exclaimed.

I only respond with a simple, "Yeah," but Liam doesn't respond at all.

Mason looks at Liam. "How are you not freaking out about this?" Mason asks.

"Trust me, I'm freaking out about a lot..." Liam says. Liam starts to sprint a head. Mason and I are unable to keep up at are slow jogging speed.

"Liam, slow down!" Mason yells.

"Don't worry, I'll go get him." I quickly sprint off in the direction Liam went.
When I turn a corner I see Liam get hit by a car and Garret get out of the drivers seat.

"Hey, Liam." Garret says. He hasn't noticed me yet. I sneak over to a bush and grab a large stick behind it. I slowly sneak up behind Garret.
"Sorry about missing movie night. Don't worry, I got something else planned." Garret stabs Liam with his lacrosse stick and knocks him out.

Now is a good of a time as any. I rush up behind Garret wielding my tree branch ready to hit him. He turns around and dodges my attack. I swing at him again but he disarms easily. He knocks me back using the non staby end of his lacrosse stick. I fall to the ground with thud. Garret holds the pointy end of his lacrosse stick at my thought. I look up at him and glare. "What do you want Garret!" I shout.

Garret bends down still holding the blade to my throat, he leans in close to my face. "I want Violet, but you and Liam will have to do for now." He says before standing straight up again and spinning his lacrosse stick around knocking me out with the other end of it.

Dun dun dun.
Randy be getting his rage on.