Chapter fourteen

Leaves crunch under my bare feet as I run through the woods

Leaves crunch under my bare feet as I run through the woods. Somethings chasing me, something fast. I end up running until I trip over a root of and large tree stump. I stumble to my feet and started running. I run through the trees but almost trip on another root. It was the same tree root of the same large stump. I look around confused. Some how I had ran in a circle and ended up back here.

"Why?" A quite voice behind me whispers. I sharply turn towards the voice. A girl with black hair and blood running down the side of her face stood only a few feet away from me. A flash of a girl collapsing to ground runs through my mind. I knew her. She was one of the werewolves I killed. "Why did you kill me?" She spat angrily while taking slow steps forward.

"I-i'm s-sorry." I stuttered out as I stumble backwards. "I didn't mean to.". I try to get away from her slow advances. She picks up speed and walks faster towards me. I try to get away but end up bumping into something behind me.

I slow turned my head to face what I had bumped into. A man, his body was contorted into an uncomfortable looking position stood there. Memories of me throwing him into a wall flash through my mind. "You killed us!" He growls while stepping forward, making me step back. I bump into the girl behind me. They grab my arms and held them tight so I couldn't move. "You killed all of us." The man whispered in my ear.

Hands start clawing at my ankles. I scream as I look down at the four mutilated people. "Why? Why?" They all started chanting it "why?" I get yanked to the ground and hands start clawing at my body.

I release a blood curdling scream as I shot up in my bed. My mother rushes into my room. "Randall what's wrong? Are you hurt?" She asks panicked. She gets on my bed and sits next to me.

"I-I'm fine" I say slightly shaking. "It was just a bad dream."

My mom pulls me into a hug and rubs circles on my back. "Oh sweetie, was it about your mother?" She asked with a sad look in her eyes. Concern etching across her features.

I didn't know what to say. I couldn't tell her it was about people who I have murdered, and I don't want to lie to her, but do I have a choice? Do I have a choice in anything that is happening. Do I have a choice if i'm on the deadpool? Do I a choice in being a werejaguar?

No, no I don't.

"Yeah mom, it was about her." I say defeatedly. Guilt wells up in me as I see my mom's face fall and tears brim in her eyes. I won't to take back my words but I know I can't. It's too late.

"Do you want to know who she is?" She asks, tears now falling down her cheeks. I try to come up with a reason any other reason than that, but I can't. I can't tell my mom what is really wrong and it kills me. It kills me to see her like this.

"Of course I want to know who my biological mother is," I lie. I already know who she is and I wish I didn't. "But not because I want to know her, but to make sure I don't end up like her."

Her face lightens up sightly but then quickly turns to confusion. "Why don't you want to end up like her?" She asks.

I take a deep breath. "Because I don't want to be the type of person who just leaves their kid on someone's doorstep hoping that they're want them." I say solemnly.

"Oh sweetie," she squeezes me tight, sadness dripping off her voice. "You shouldn't have kept these feelings to yourself." She says softly in my ear. "You shouldn't have to go through this alone."

"Then why does it feel like I am?"
______________________________________________________

To say that I wasn't looking forward to lacrosse would be an understatement. Even though there's no more deadpool I still feel like something horrible is going to happen. No matter how hard I try and shake this feeling, I just keep thinking that someone is going to get hurt or worse. The worst thing about lacrosse tonight is that lacrosse is a pretty violent sport so i'm likely to get angry when i'm playing.

I have little to no control over my abilities. I'm honestly terrified about the full moon tomorrow night. What if I kill someone? I can't do that again. I don't want to hurt anyone ever again.

I finish packing my lacrosse gear into my bag and head down stairs. My mom is sitting on the couch in the lounge when I walk past her. "I'm going to head to the game now."

She looks over at me concerned. "Are you sure you're up for it?" She says as scans over. "I can always say you're sick."

I sigh heavily. "No mom, it fine. It's just one game. I can manage." I say with the most genuine smile I can muster.

She could see through my fake smile but she didn't say anything. "Well, only if you're sure sweetie." She says. I nod and walk to the door and open it. "Bye, sweetie."

"Bye, mom."

I slowly make my way down the empty streets of my neighbourhood. I feel no rush to get to lacrosse, so I take my time, taking in the beautiful sunset.

Suddenly, in an all to familiar fashion, I feel a strong force hit me in the back of the head sending me to the ground immediately. In a daze, I try and search for my attacker when I feel another blow to the head. Black spots start to cloud my eyes as my vision fades in and out.

Before I lose conscious, I look up to see Kate Argent standing over me. My mother. "Hey, Randy." Then everything goes black. 
______________________________________________________

So it took me a year but I have finally updated. I know, I know, I am truly a kind goddess. You can leave your offerings at my alter or even better vote on my story. :)