20.KND

Y/n's POV

It's been a while since Lucas "attended urgent matters" and his missing presence in the mansion started to get to me.

Get a grip,Y/N!

"Miss,your earl grey" Caleb handed me a tea filled porcelain teacup with his right hand which I accepted.

After a week with these twins protecting me,I managed to differentiate them ,Caleb was right handed and I noticed that he has a small mole on his right cheek which I hadn't noticed the first timed we've met.While Connor was left handed and has a small mole on the tip of his nose that looked like he grabbed a sharpie and tapped it on the tip.

After handing me the teacup,he assumed his position beside me,while Conner was on the other side.Both of them were staying still like wax figures and if it weren't for their constant but almost unnoticeable rise and fall of their chest,they could've been easily mistaken for a life like wax manikins.

The silent ambiance was peaceful but a second later the doorbell rang and Connor immediately went to open it.

I found it weird...why?well a month ago Lucas bought me a Doberman to keep as a pet and it would bark and growl at the door mercilessly every time when the bell rang but this time there was no bark or growl.

Author's POV

As soon as Connor opened the thick wooden door,He was greeted with a small sized box with a sticky note pasted on top of it that said"

SUPRISE!!!I HOPE YOU LIKE IT.

Conner was skeptical about the mysterious box that on the front porch.Conner crouched down,making him closer to the box but as soon as he did it;A horrible stench invaded his nostrils causing him to scrunch up his nose in disgust.

Taking out a small but sharp knife out from his dress shoe,He pressed it against the grey duck tape..Applying pressure until the knife's tip went through.

Sliding the knife across the tape,the stench was unbearable to smell.

While Conner was busy slicing and tearing away the duck tape,he didn't notice that Y/n was crouching beside him,being as quiet as ever with Caleb standing beside her

With the last duck tape ,sliced open,his cold pale hands flipped the carton box lids to the other side.

Staring back at the bodyguards and the small fragile pregnant woman was the head of the Doberman,the blood was still fresh and warm.

It made Y/n's heart jump and her stomach go nuts as she felt a wave of nausea hit her like a brick.

She quickly but carefully stood up,walking past Caleb she fast walked away from the gruesome scene and towards the bathroom where she was vomiting from that stomach-turning event.

Later that night,she couldn't sleep,she kept tossing and turning around the bed but she couldn't erase the image of the severed dog's head from her mind,it was like plague.

———-

Y/n's POV

It was a bright Sunday morning and Lucas was still away doing his business.

No messages.
No calls.
No FaceTime.

Heck,there wasn't a letter from him at all and I was beginning to worry which was a new feeling to me since I don't really care about his ass.

I decided to slowy rise and got ready for the rest of the day.

...

I was in the living room watching a TV series when all of a sudden the soft and peaceful ambiance transformed into a scary and unnerving one like something bad was about to happen at any moment.

Caleb and Connor noticed it too when they retrieved their guns from their pouches and readied themselves for a fight.

After a moment of silence,a cracking sound started to invade the room making our ears twice and hurt at the same time.

The glass window beside me cracked when something was thrown at it and immediately an intoxicating smoke stared to exit from it.

My vision was beginning to blur and I could feel myself falling but someone scooped me up and running me out of the smoke filled room.

Running through the long halls of the manor,my vision started to clear up and I could clearly see that Caleb was carrying me away from the room when all of a sudden gun shots resonated through the halls.

Caleb was unfazed but a tear escaped his eye,he was crying at the same time he had an expressionless face.

Nearing the back door,we were confronted by a group of tuxedo men with guns.

Caleb stopped and slowly set me down on my quivering legs almost falling over.

The group of men clichély started to step aside as a man with platinum blonde hair wearing a blood red colored suit stepped into view.

"It's so nice to meet you,dear Y/n"

————-
CLIFFHANGER HEHEHRHEH