005. AND SHOVE IT UP YOUR-

"All our work is gone. Ultron cleared out, used the internet as an escape hatch." Bruce said while all the Avengers stood around in the lab. "Ultron." Steve said. El looked at them as she was taking glass out of her side. 

"He's been in everything. Files, surveillance. Probably knows more about us than we know about each other." Natasha said. "Probably more than we know about ourselves." El said. 

"He's in your files, he's in the internet. What if he decides to access something a little more exciting?" Lucas says. "Nuclear codes." Maria says. "Nuclear codes. Look, we need to make some calls, assuming we still can." Rhodey said. "Nukes? He said he wanted us dead." Natasha said.

"He didn't say dead. He said extinct." Steve reminded. "Which doesn't exactly make sense to me... we're people, unless you're gonna wipe out the entire human race... what the hell does extinct mean? He's gonna kill our entire families to ensure there can't be more of us?" El asked.

Everyone noted that that was a very valid question. "He also said he killed somebody." Clint said. "But there wasn't anyone else in the building." Max said. "Yes there was." Tony said and pulled up the 3D image of JARVIS' now destroyed consciousness. 

"Holy shit." El mumbled. "This is insane." Bruce said. "JARVIS was the first line of defense. He would've shut Ultron down, it makes sense." Steve said. "No, Ultron could've assimilated Jarvis. This isn't strategy, this is...rage." Bruce said. 

Suddenly, Thor comes in and grabs hold of Tony by his throat, lifting him off the ground. "Thor!" El exclaimed. "Hey, big guy.." Max said in an uneasy tony. 

"Woah, woah, woah! It's going around." Clint said. "Come on. Use your words, buddy." Tony said with his hands on Thor's wrists. "Oh, I have more than enough words to describe you, Stark." Thor said, a some-what evil smirk on his face. 

"Thor! The legionnaire." El said. Her voice was stern and projected. It surprised everyone a little. He dropped Tony down who stumbled backwards with a grunt. 

"Trail went cold about a hundred miles out and it's headed north." Thor said. "Shit!" El hissed. "What?" Max asked. Steve and Natasha looked over alert. "Glass just went under my skin and it hurts." El said looking at her waist. 

"He has the scepter." Thor said. Steve sighed. Natasha helped El get the glass out of her although she had to perform minor surgery so Dr. Cho helped. "Now we have to retrieve it. Again." Thor said. "The genie's out of that bottle. Clear and present is Ultron." Natasha stated, focused on El. 

"I don't understand." Dr. Cho said. Everyone looked at her. "You built this program." She said to Tony. "Why is it trying to kill us?" "Good question!" Max exclaimed. 

Tony starts laughing and Banner subtly shakes his head telling Tony to stop. Everyone looks shocked at Tony's reaction and all heads turn to him. Even El sits up and turns, lowkey infuriated. 

"You think this is funny? Your legion just attacked us! Attacked Max and I on our BIRTHDAY! And you somehow find this funny? Maria is picking glass out of her foot! There are shards of glass INSIDE my skin and you somehow find this amusing?" El asked. 

"I'm sorry. It's not funny." Tony said trying to contain his laughter but fails and begins laughing again. El shoots off the tabled and Dr. Cho gasps. "Maybe it'll be funny when I get an electric baton, wrap it in poison ivy, submerge it in acid, light it on fire, and shove it up your-"

"Hey! Hey, now.." Max said pulling El away from Tony. El sat back on the table as Dr. Cho got back to work. "No, I'm sorry. I'm sorry. It is funny. It's a hoot that you don't get why we need this." Tony said looking at all the Avengers.

"Maybe we should let El go through on her threat." Maria said a little out of it while staring at Tony. "This could've been avoided if you hadn't played with something you don't understand." Max said, her anger rising as well. Tony laughed again.

"Tony, maybe this might not be the time to..." Bruce said and Tony turned to him. "Really?! That's it? You just roll over, show your belly, every time somebody snarls." Tony said with an attitude.

Bruce voice softens and he sounds desperate, "only when I've created a murder bot."

"We didn't. We weren't even close. Were we close to an interface?" Tony asked Bruce who gave a face and shrug that said 'yeah pretty much.'

"Well, you did something right. And you did it right here. The Avengers were supposed to be different than SHIELD." Steve interrupted, his voice just as stern as El's. "Anybody remember when I carried a nuke through a  wormhole?" Tony asked. "Nope, it's never come up." Rhodey said. "Saved New York?" Tony asked. "Never heard that." Rhodey said trying not to turn this into anything.

"Recall that? A hostile alien army came charging through a hole in space. We're standing three hundred feet below it. We're the Avengers. We can bust arms dealers all the live long day, but, that up there? That's...that's the end game. How were you guys planning on beating that?" Tony asked.

Steve looked at him and Tony looked back at him. "Together." Steve stated. "We'll lose." Tony stated. "Then we'll do that together too." Steve and El said. 

The two looked at each other and smiled. "Thor's right. Ultron's calling us out. And I'd like to find him before he's ready for us. The world's a big place. Let's start making it smaller." Steve said turning back to Tony.

"Yes, father." El chuckled. Max, Lucas, Erica, Maria, and Natasha chuckled.