Chapter 2: Mistakes Made

Asra's P.o.v.

I sat on the floor with Emily holding her close for what seemed like hours trying to calm her. My whole being was crushed seeing her in such a state. Julian had crossed a line and should be ashamed of what he has done. Every time his name or face appeared in my mind my blood began to boil with disgust and anger. It was nearing noon when Emily finally ceased crying. Her limp body laid in my lap in silence. "Asra?" she whispered. I peered down at her and wiped away the few stay tears on her cheek "Yes, Emily?" I asked softly. "Can we go lay down?" she was exhausted. Nodding my head I gently lifted the pair of us and carried her up to our room. 

I laid her down on the bed and she made herself comfortable. Even though she had stopped crying I could still see the pain radiating from her. Pulling out a blanket from the cupboard near the bed, I laid it over the top of Emily tucking her in. "Will you lay with me? Just until I fall asleep?" I of course agreed wanting nothing but to mend her now shattered heart. Laying beside her I softly stroked her hair as she fell asleep. I waited an hour after she had fallen asleep before I got up from the bed. I couldn't bring myself to leave her. "I'll take care of this" I whispered peering over at her one last time before walking downstairs.

I began gathering a few items putting them into my satchel to take with me. Once I had everything I slipped on my winter boots and my jacket and threw my satchel over my shoulder so it wouldn't slip whilst walking. Picking up a piece of paper I wrote a quick note letting Emily know where I would be if she needed me. The palace. Setting the note down in the centre of the table I began on my march up to the palace. I placed a small spell on the front of the shops door to stop anyone from entering whilst I was gone. 

As I walked I tried to take a little bit of time so that I arrived with a clear mindset. I couldn't just explode the moment I saw Julian, even if I wanted to. I still had to see Nadia as well about some palace issues. As the sun began to dim I watched the light cast shadows on the buildings leading up to the palace gates. A few people in the markets waved hello as I passed and I nodded hello in return. Although I tried to clear my thoughts I just couldn't wrap my head around how foolish Julian had been. How reckless and selfish he had become. I couldn't help but focus on how furious I was with Julian as I walked. 

Meanwhile...

Julian's P.o.v.

"Julian I hate to say it but you are in the wrong. When you disappeared you hurt a lot of people, Emily included" Portia sat across from me shaking her head. It was still a mystery as to why I left and I hadn't planned on confessing why anytime soon either. When I left I assumed that no one would miss me and that by my leaving I would be causing less issues for everyone in the long run. I didn't want to get anyone else involved in my business or pass on the burden of my mistakes. They were my mistakes and my mistakes alone. Only I could fix them, only I can fix them.

 I never liked the idea of causing others pain however it was becoming more and more clear that I had created a large amount without realising it. "I know, I just... The way she looked at me, I haven't ever seen her look at me like that before" I sunk in my seat thinking back to the way Emily had tried to flee away from me. "Julian, you need to fix this but I can't help you do that. You created this mess and now you need to clean it up" Portia sat in her seat thinking over everything that had happened in the last year and today. 

"How can I fix things between myself and Emily if she refuses to see me?" I exhaled pinching the bridge of my nose. I was realising the full affects of my actions the more I thought about the situation. Portia had emphasised in great detail the consequences my disappearance had on everyone. "I need to talk to her, If I could just see her and explain everything then maybe she could forgive me. I know I don't deserve to be forgiven but I really want Emily back in my life. Everyday that I was gone I thought about her and cursed myself for leaving but I didn't have a choice" I ran a hand through my hair frustrated with my own behaviour.