First game

We woke up at 6 for the first game which was at 8 we ate breakfast and talked 

"I'm single now" Jaden said

I didn't reply I already knew I simply nodded my head. I grabbed my pads after getting my football pants on we set our gear in the back of the truck my undershirt was was a simple black short sleeve shirt, jaden had a white one on.

Our team name was the Forest Brook Middle Knights our jerseys were black and red, not the most unique combo but we were ready to play. Jaden didn't start offensively but he did on defense as a corner, for a QB he is pretty fast. I however started at receiver and was a back-up linebacker.

We got to the field and had our gear on by 7AM we were warming up at 7:30 and finally at 8 it was game time.

We won the toss and elected to receive. The ball got kicked off right to our returner and as he ran he got to the 30 before getting slammed by the opposing players. Our offense went out to the field.

"9945 check 21" Our Starting QB Jake said 

Everyone nodded and i ran to my place and got set i was running a streak on this play or a straight line.

"Down...Set.....Hut!" 

I shot off the corner who was trying to cover me fell behind me i had my head turnt already and saw the ball coming it was gonna be a little high so i jumped turned around and managed to snag the ball out of the air, as i started to land i got popped by to defenders slamming into me, I kept the ball in my hands and fell. The ref blew the whistle and i got up handing the ball to the ref and went into the huddle we managed to gain 31 yards off that play.

The next play was a run and the back took it all the way to the endzone everyone on our sideline cheered. 

"Yaknow for Hawks they cant really fly to that ball" Jaden said in a joking manner when i got to the sideline as the field goal team went out 

"Haha Jaden" i replied unamused

After the PAT was made went out there with jaden on kick off we got ready.

"Ready?"

"READY!"

And with that the ball was kicked me and jaden took off running ran in my lane then i saw the returner field the ball and bolted towards him lowering my shoulder not realising jaden was right next to me, we both hit the ball carrier hard and he fell back when we heard the whistle we got up. 

"Good luck on Defense J" i said as i jogged off the field he simply nodded at me.

Jadens POV

We got set on defense i saw the receiver i was matched against he was tall and pretty big i focused on him in a sense and when they snapped the ball he took off, i was with him stride for stride, not taking my eyes off him until he turned his head back and moved his hands i then turned my head saw the ball hit his hands and i slammed into him full forces knocking the ball out of his hands flying into our safety's hands, our safety Jonny got the ball and took off not looking back he got to mid field before he was tackled

The rest of the game became a hard fought battle from there on out as the hawks team got their fighting spirit back but we ended up getting the victory and went home around 11AM