+Bonus+

Car trauma

Based on a comment by 

Enjoy you amazing fucker

————————

Kid loved Soul to death. Literally, considering that he was Death's son, and since his father had been trying to pair them up for ages. But this was getting out of hand. It had been about two months since the attempted kidnapping, and while Kid knew that trauma of any kind would take a long time to heal, it got a bit hard to deal with Soul when he needed help putting things in the trunk of his car and Soul backed away, shaking. 

"Soul. Light of my life. Love of my life. The best thing that's ever happened to me." Soul looked up from where he was sitting, seeing Kid standing in front of him. "What's up babe?" Asked the oblivious boy. He grabbed Soul's hand and brought Soul near the back of his car. Soul's eyes widened, and he began to shake slightly. "B-babe? A-are... Are you go-gonna k-kid... kidnap me?" Soul backed away. "No, I'm not kidnapping you love." Soul visibly relaxed but still looked extremely scared. "Listen Evans." Soul looked up at Kid. "I understand that you've had bad experiences with trunks, but you have to get over this okay? It isn't gonna hurt you. So what I'm gonna start doing, is I'm going to push you near a trunk in a random location. We might be in the parking lot of a restaurant, we might be on a mission, we might be in the middle of the street. But I will push you towards any trunk I see until you get over it. It might be 3:57 a.m. on a Tuesday night, and we happen to pass a car on our rounds. I will push you near any trunk I see. Okay?" Soul fearfully nodded. 

The next three months were filled with interesting experiences for the couple. Soul screamed for a while. About two weeks. He ran away. He had panic attacks which ended with Kid consoling him and telling Soul he had to do it for both of their sakes. Once, he jumped into the ocean to get away from Kid, because Kid was dragging him towards a car with an exceptionally large trunk. Soul said "Oh fuck this", and jumped over the rail and into the ocean. Another time, it was late at night. Kid pushed Soul near the trunk of a window-washing van. Soul dodged, and ran down the street in the opposite direction. It took a while. It was a struggle. But finally, one day Kid pushed Soul near the trunk of a Honda. Soul flipped him off and kept walking. Soul then realized that Kid had stopped in shock. "Babe? You coming?" Kid was startled out of his daze. "Y-yeah." 

They agreed to never speak on those three months ever again.