Chapter 23

Mayas POV:

I ran outside the school like usual, with Riley walking besides me.

"How does she know?" Riley filled up with tears.

"I'm not sure, I think she's spying on me, more specifically, my house." I say in an angry tone. Riley looked at me with pure sadness in her eyes.

"Come on." I say.

"What?"

"We're going to my house."
----

Since Missy didn't get out of school for a few more hours, Riley and I just hung out at my house. We sat on the bare floor, talking. We suddenly became silent and I wrapped my arms around her.

"Riley?"

"Yeah?"

"I love you."

She looks at me and smiles, "I love you too."
----

We searched outside in the backyard, nothing. We looked up the street and there was Missy, holding one of those expensive cameras. I grab Riley's arm and drag her next to me in a nearby bush.

We watched as Missy peaked through the front window

"Shit, she isn't here! The one fucking time I bring my camera, she's not here!" Missy yells. I sneaked out of the bush.

"Oh yeah? Think again you bitch! What are you doing at my house with a god damn camera?" I ask.

"Don't ever call me a bitch! And it's none of your business you lesbian!"

"I'm not a lesbian, first of all. Second, even if I was, what's your problem? And third, were you not just listening to my dad during class? Do you know how immature and ignorant you are?"

"What do you mean you're not a lesbian? I just saw you a Riley last night!"

"I'm not a lesbian, I'm bisexual, and there's nothing wrong with having a different sexuality, ok? Go and educate your dumb ass brain some more, why don't ya?"

Missy quickly kicks my knee. Riley jumps out of the bush.

"Oh hey look, your little girlfriend came to rescue you!" Missy laughs. I ran and pushed Missy down to the ground. I picked up her camera, and threw it hard enough to break.

"You bitch!" She shrieks. Suddenly memories of my dad beating me up and calling me a bitch flooded into my mind. Tears filled my eyes as I quickly ran away.

"Maya wait up!" Riley calls out.
---------------------------------------------
Riley's POV:

After an hour of lecturing from my dad, we went up to my room.

"Do you think we should tell him?" I ask.

"What if he doesn't approve?"

"Well he sure seemed to be approved over other sexualities this morning."

"I don't know, let's wait a little more, you know, when the moment is right. In the meantime, we can, you know." Maya started winking.

"Practice?" I ask.

"Yeah, practice." She stood up and made me stand up as well. "Alright now let me show you how to properly kiss! First you both slowly lean in, then, you put your hand around their waist, like this." She placed my hand on her waist, and her hand on my waist. "Then, all you gotta do, is this."

She pressed her lips against mine. It lasted for a few seconds.

"Wow." I say, really surprised.

"What?" She asks.

"You're a really great kisser!"

"Yeah, I know." Maya winks.