The truth

Summer's P.O.V

My head was pounding. My eyes were heavy. But I opened them anyway. I was in a cave. The cave. But how did I get here? When I passed out over the lava I... I thought I was going to die.

"You're awake." Winger said from behind me. I spun around, startled at first.

"Oh, uh, hey Winger. Can I... ask what happened?" I said. He nodded.

"Well, I megablasted the cage door off and flew out, but you hit your head and fell unconscious. You were still inside, and the cage was about to hit the lava. I sped down and grabbed it, but it was extremely heavy. I barely got you to the ledge, don't know how I did. I carried you out but the Aquabeast spotted me. So I had to make a run for it. Luckily he's slower than me, I lost him pretty easily. After a few minutes I escaped the lair of the Red Death. As soon as I got into this cave, I heard the blood curdling roar. He's very angry, and probably searching for us, but we're safe here." Winger explained.

"Winger... you also said something before you blasted the door." He immediately turned red.

"Oh, um, what did I say?" He asked.

"You said... that you loved me?" I told him.

"Well, uh, yeah but like, not in the, uh, way you are thinking." He tried to cover up.

"Winger. Be honest." I said. He just looked down.

"Wing, just tell me." He covered his face with his paws.

"I was kind of hoping you would forget I said that." He said.

"But... yes. I do... love you. I'm sorry, you can hate me. It's...ok." He responded.

"R-really?" I asked, hopeful for a minute. He liked me the same? He looked defeated.

"Yeah." I was shocked.

"I can just... go." He said.

"No no stay please." I replied. He looked at me for the first time in the conversation.

"Huh?" I had to tell him.

"Winger, I like you the same way." His face lit up with surprise.

"What?!" He exclaimed.

"Really? Of all the dragons... me?" I nodded.

"I could say the same. I'm just as surprised as you." He looked worried for a minute.

"What about the team? What will they think? Will we ruin everything?" He asked a ton of questions.

"It doesn't matter what they think, I don't care. And for now, let's just focus on getting home." I told him. He smiled.

"Ok then." I walked up to Winger and nuzzled him.

"I love you." I said.

"I love you too." He told me back.

Aggro's P.O.V

"Leyla this isn't going to work." I said. Yet she continued to plead with Magnus.

"Your machine can get Winger and Summer free! Please Magnus!" He looked at her in disgust.

"My automatic belzium drill will NOT rescue one of your kind! And it's going to stay that way no matter what you say!" He yelled and stomped off into his house, slamming the door behind him.

"Well there goes that plan." Dak said. As we started to walk away, we heard Axel call out behind us.

"Guys! Wait!" He ran up to us pulling the machine behind him.

"I'll help you. Just don't tell Magnus, ok?" He said.

"Really? Thanks Axel!" Dak said.

"Cutter and Aggro, can you lift the machine?" Leyla asked us.

"Let's find out." Cutter said as he grabbed the drill device. I helped and grabbed the other side, flying into the air with it.

"It's not too heavy." I said.

"I'm sure we can get it to berry island." Dak, Leyla and Axel climbed onto Burple's saddle.

"Woah! That's a lot of people." He said as he took off.

"Can you handle us, Burps?" Dak asked him.

"Yeah, I can totally do this! Let's go guys!" He said confidently. And we were off, ready to save our friends.