We have to fight

Cutter's P.O.V

That was it. The end of the Rescue Riders. We couldn't possibly go on without Winger and Summer. They had sacrificed their lives to save Huttsgalor. That's the most heroic thing anybody could ever do. No one got any sleep the night that they left. Instead, we all stayed up sobbing over the loss of our friends. So when morning finally came, we were in horrible condition. And no one saw the approaching danger until it was too late.

"C-Cutter?" Aggro addressed me, still trying not to burst into tears.

"Yeah?" I answered with a shaky voice.

"I... I miss them." She said.

"I know. So do I." I said as I hugged her close. We stayed like that for long minutes before she jumped back out of my arms.

"Huh? What's wrong?" I asked, on alert.

"It's... the Red Death." Aggro said with a voice barely above a whisper.

"WHAT?!" I yelled. Sure enough, there he was, coming back toward the Roost. Winger and Summer were not with him.

"Dak! Leyla! Everyone get out here!" I screamed. They came bursting out of the Roost, Burple and Axel behind them.

"No..." Leyla whispered.

"Not again!" Dak complained.

"Oh boy. He came back to take the rest of us." Axel said. Burple immediately started to panic.

"What if he destroys Huttsgalor? What if he eats all the fish? What if he takes Cutter and Aggro?" I was a bit confused.

"Why would he only take me and Aggro?" I asked.

"It's Aggro and I." Leyla corrected.

"Whatever." I mumbled.

"He took Winger and Summer, and they were in love. And you two are obviously in love so he would take you too." Burple said. My face started heating up. "

No we aren't!" I argued. Next to me, Aggro's scales were sizzling.

"Uh guys? I think we have bigger problems here!" Dak said.

Winger's P.O.V

We were closely tailing Shredder, who hadn't noticed us. He had glanced over his shoulder once, but we had flown behind a sea stack to avoid being seen. The Roost was in sight, yet far away still. Summer and I were getting tired, so we stopped on a sea stack to catch our breath.

"Shredder can fly for a long time without getting tired!" Summer said, keeping her voice down so the Red Death won't notice us.

"I know right? He should be worn out and easier to defeat." I told her.

"Yes, but keep in mind that we are also worn out. And I don't think our friends got any sleep, so they should be tired too." Summer replied.

"Besides, do you even think we can beat him?" She asked.

"We have to try. I'd rather die protecting my friends than die in a pool of lava." I said. She smiled and nodded.

"Same. The chances of beating Shredder are low... but you're right. We have to fight." Summer said. I took off after Shredder once more, Summer close behind me.

"I love you." I said to her.

"I love you too." She answered.

Leyla's P.O.V

Shredder was coming even closer. But... there was a flash of blue and green behind him.

"What was that?" Cutter asked.

He had seen it too. A spark of hope lit itself inside my heart. Could it really be.....?? My heart started to race as Shredder landed in front of us. His evil grin spread across face, his eyes looked ready to kill.

"Hello. We meet again." He growled.

Then as quick as a flash of lighting, he swung his tail around, trying to hit the Roost. I braced myself but before he smashed the Roost into pieces, a power blast hit his tail. I didn't think he was hurt, but he drew back anyway. Probably from shock. His head whipped around, trying to find the attacker.

"Is that Winger and Summer?!" Axel exclaimed. They shot past Shredder toward us.

"Guys! You're alive?!" I asked, overjoyed to see that they were ok.

"Yeah but it's a long story. Quick, get ready to fight!" Winger said.

"Hey." Dak said, smiling really big.

"Welcome back." He finished. Winger nodded and smiled, then turned his attention back to the Red Death.

"How-?!" He started.

"Save it Shredder. We're not going to let you hurt our town!" Winger yelled. Shredder glared at us.

"Fine. If it's a fight you want, it's a fight that you're going to get!"