24 - r e a l - l i f e

Brooklyn couldn't believe Avengers: Infinity War. She gripped the hand of Jackie through the whole movie, laughing and crying where appropriate.

After the movie, everybody invited made their way to a great hall where they could all sit, eat, drink and talk. Brooklyn spent about fifteen minutes conversing with Robert Downey Jr, Paul Rudd and Mark Ruffalo before deciding to make her way outside for some air.

She leaned against the wall at the back of the building, messing around with her phone before shoving it back in her bag and sighing. After a while, Brooklyn heard footsteps approach her. She thought it would be Jackie, Booker maybe.

"Hi," She breathed with disbelief.

"Hey, love." Harrison leaned on the wall to her right.

His bright blue eyes seemed to illuminate under the yellowed streetlights.

"You know, for what it's worth, I still think about you every day. I've been thinking of all of the ways that this conversation to go-" He began.

"I want you to know that my accident wasn't your fault and I never blamed you for it." She breathed, standing 3 feet away from him with her arms dropped at her side.

Harrison's mouth ran dry as his head dropped.

"But, Harrison, I've been so upset with you because you didn't even try to visit. Even Jacob visited and we've had exactly four conversations," She explained slowly, her eyebrows furrowed as her voice shook.

He stood up correctly and folded his arms, "I did visit. Three days after your accident, I was on a plane to Baltimore," He stated with his voice low, "I showed up at the hospital and Kellin kicked me out. Him and Booker threatened me. I walked aimlessly for an hour in the rain before your sister pulled up and made me get in the car."

"I- I didn't know," Brooklyn's voice trailed off. She sighed and sat on the sidewalk with her feet stretched out into the dead road.

Harrison stood still for a moment, staring down at the woman who he had thought would never speak to him again with his lips parted slightly. Her dark hair cascaded down her bare back, contrasted only by the gold on her dress.

He hesitantly moved towards her, sitting down a few feet away from her.

"I can't believe they didn't tell me," She murmured, looking straight ahead.

Harrison's gaze never left Brooklyn.

"Would it have changed anything if you knew?" He asked her, his voice soft.

The corners of her lips reluctantly twitched into a smile at the sound of his voice. She loved the way he omitted his 'h's from pronunciation.

"No, no it wouldn't have," She turned her head to look at him, their eyes immediately finding each other and locking their gaze, "But that doesn't change the fact that I've been so upset about the fact that you didn't visit and I even told them this and they lied to me."

"I don't blame them, anyway. I was pretty shitty with the whole Anna situation." He sighed, "I was worried that I'd never get the chance to talk to you again. I'm happy you came."