2. Basketball

Season 1, ep. 5

     " um .. w-where do I look?- oh! There? Okay." I smiled looking at the camera. " My names (y/n) and I've worked here for about four days." I cheerfully replied. " how do I like it so far?" I asked the cameraman back. I looked off to the side in thought, thinking about all the familiar, but still very new faces around the office. " well it's amazing! Everyone's been very kind to me, Stanley didn't seem to care I was here, until one day I  helped him in his crossword puzzle. I think I won him over." I winked at the camera. " I also started leaving maple candy out for everyone as a snack, Kevin really appreciated that, so I'm glad."
     " Dwight? .. Dwight .. is ... very umm .. outgoing... very out there" I lightly chuckled.

     I pondered for a moment, wondering if I had missed anyone until a certain salesman came to mind. " oh! And Jim he's very, .. kind. We've become pretty close these past few days. He, um every so often will come up to my desk and talk with me about me joining Dunder Mifflin and if I liked it so far." I blushed in thought. " H-he's very attractive." I looked off the to side.

     " What do I think of (y/n)?" Jim asked. He balled his hand into a fist, placing it under his chin. "She's amazing. Yeah ..." he looked back at the cameraman. " why'd you ask?" he questioned, with a cheeky smile.

     Jim looked around, patting his desk. He got up and over to the reception, leaning forward. " Hey" I looked up to see Jim, I smiled " hey."
     " Today down at the warehouse we're gonna be playing a game of basketball. Wanna join?" I smiled, but, but quickly hid it. " oh I don't know ... somebody else asked me to join their basketball game later on today... at another warehouse.. at another paper company." The tall salesman smiled, grabbing a maple candy.
     " well, you tell this "other" person that to late because imma steal you." He chuckled, unwrapping the candy and placing it in his mouth. " I'll see you there." he winked and walked away, sitting back down on his desk.
     " yeah," I whispered biting my lip. I looked off to the side to see a camera, I looked away in embarrassment. ' Did they catch that?'

     Micheal came out of his office, going over to the reception. " (y/n) take notes" I nodded, grabbing a notepad and a pen. " alright! Let's make a starting line up shall we? Stanley. Of course." I wrote down Stanley on the notepad
     Stanley bickered for a bit but then let it go. He said a few more names, as well as Jim's. " we just need a cheerleader" I looked up to Jim smiling, he looked confused, furrowing his brows as I spoke up. " I can do it!" I stood up causing all attention to me, I looked away feeling embarrassed.
     " oh! (Y/n) may I cheer with you too?" I looked up to see phyills smiling. I nodded,  a smile spreading. " of course phyills!"

     The camera looked on to Jim, he had a smile spreading on his face as well.

      Micheal nodded, " good idea (y/n)!" I smiled in contempt. " you'll look hot, in a little skirt" I widened my eyes. " oh no Michael I- "My boss giggled, " in a halter top." I shifted in my spot, feeling uncomfortable as I looked down.
     Everyone told Michael off. Telling him to stop it.

      But I could have sworn at the moment Jim shifted in his seat a little.

     "Basketball?" Jim asked the cameraman. The salesman nodded. " I played in high school .. I might impress a few people here" he stated, smiling to himself.

      " Hey, are you gonna come with?" Jim asked as he tied his shoes on the chair next to the reception, he was wearing basketball shorts and a grey t-shirt. I nodded looking around my desk. " ah! I found em'!" I got up with palm palms in both hands, Jim chuckled " Where did you get those?"

     "I and phyills at lunch quickly drove to a store and decided to show some spirit!" I looked to phyills, as we shook the palm palms together. " adorable right!?"

     I and Jim talked as Micheal gathered up the group. " let's make a bet." Jim said. " alright! What's on the table?" I questioned, " if we win, which I will, you have to give me your number." I blushed looking at him, he had a little smirk going on. I bit my lip, " okay. And if I win you have to pantsless to work." we both smiled at each other. " deal." 

     I walked away heading to sit next to phyills, as everyone else started huddling up, and getting ready to play. " you have a thing for Jim, don't you?" I looked up at phyills, I could feel my face catching heat as I spoke up. " I- I no." I bit my lip, looking away. " it's okay sweetie, it's obvious he has a thing for you too" " ... really?" I questioned her, she nodded and smiled "reminds me of how to bob and we're so in love when we first met. Don't worry. Jim will come around and tell you." She reassured me as I smiled.
     Looked off to the side in thought: ' does Jim really like me?'  I blushed as I looked up, seeing a camera pointed at me. I quickly looked away. ' damn these cameras'

     Phyills and I would cheer not just for our side but also for bob, he was pretty good. Every time Jim would make a hoop he would point at me and act like he was picking a phone, I giggled.

     I decided to cheer loudly for Jim, me and phyills got up yelling " give me a J!" Phyills answered back. " J!" " give me an I!" " I!" " give me an M!" "M!" " what does that spell!?" I yelled. " JIM!" I smiled.
     It all happened in an instant. Right on cue, Jim turned to me, forgetting he was playing. Micheal threw the ball to him, smacking the salesman. He groaned and fell to the floor, I ran to him. " Jim!" Everyone gathered around him, concerned. I fell to his side as he laid down, but he quickly got up.
     " I'm fine." Blood slowly dripped from his nose to his shirt, staining it. I held each side of his face, " no your not! Can someone please get me some ice!?" I could hear someone behind me from the warehouse scramble, trying to find some ice.
     Micheal shook his head. " alright that's it, we can't play anymore. Whatever the scoreboard is, is final."

     Jim smiled, " look at the scoreboard." I furrowed my brows, " wh- " I turned to the scoreboard and sure enough, Dunder Mifflin was ahead by a long shot.

     I was brought back to meet Jim's face, he smiled. " so .. what was your phone number again? " On instinct my lips pulled up at him, looking into eyes.

   " you sure know how to scare a girl Halpert."

a/n: hi! I hope your liking it so far to whoever is reading this haha. But I just wanted to clarify that italic is when your speaking to the camera. And ' italic' like that is your thoughts. But also: I may strip, and add a few things away from each chapter to add more to the story. Alright! Hope you like the story I'll clarify anything if needed! :)