4. The Dundies

Season 2, ep.1

     I sat at reception playing solitaire. They weren't much work to do. I had all future meetings set, I had sent back a few emails, and answered all calls. I was basically all done for the day. I smiled seeing all the cards flick and go around in a circle. I heard footsteps heading towards my direction then stopping, expecting it to be Oscar. I answered without looking up, " I left your copies on your desk, there fresh so their really warm" I smiled to myself, I loved when copies were fresh and warm.
     " oh ... why thank you, ma'am." That was not Oscar's voice. I finally looked up seeing Jim lean against reception, looking at my computer. The salesman was chewing on something, most likely a caramel candy. I finally spoke up, " I'm sorry I thought you were Oscar I had to make him copies a while ago"  He looked up at me smiling. " solitaire huh?" I nodded " I like it when the cards go tsk tsk tsk tsk tsk" Jim furrowed his brows and answered in a goofy response. " I mean who doesn't like that" I giggled looking at my computer and back at Jim. " so .." " So tonight there's going to be the Dundies are you coming?"

     " what do I expect from the Dundies?" I asked the cameraman back, he nodded the camera in response. " hm .. well I think it's where everyone gathers around and talks about ... uh ... something? Sorry." I lightly laughed "that's as far as I've thought about it"

      " what is the Dundies?" Jim smirked. " You'll have the see for yourself." He winked, getting more comfortable, leaning forward. I felt warmth grow in the chest causing me to smile without even knowing it. But I calmed myself, causing the warmth to lighten. Don't get me wrong I loved the feeling of having butterflies around Jim, but .. my mind always came down to one question: Does he feel the same? It was the question that haunted me before I fell asleep, and the second I woke up. It was a beautiful feeling of course, but a scary one as well. " Well... where is this Dundies partaking at?" I questioned the salesman before me, he pointed his thumb to the back, " it's over at chili's ... if you'd like .. I can drive you there" and the warmth started again, causing my heart to race. " umm .. y-yeah sure. Wanna take your car or mine?" I stuttered over my own words. ' dammit'

     " We can just take my car" he smiled innocently, drumming on reception and heading back to his desk. " o-okay .." I whispered quietly to myself.
     The whole time throughout the day I tried mentally preparing, and telling myself to not screw up tonight. Because knowing myself I'll do something that I'll regret.

     Micheal came out of his office and went up to Jim's desk. I eyed closely waiting for Michael to speak up. " Jim, why don't you show off your Dundies to the camera?" Jim messed with his hands thinking really quick, it was honestly adorable. " oh, I can't because I keep them hidden. I don't want to show off and get cocky." The salesman looked into the camera nodding. "Oh! .. that's a good idea .." Micheal seemed a little surprised but quickly forgot about it. Dwight spoke up looking at the camera and Micheal. " mine is at home. In a display case above my bed." I giggled behind reception, trying not to be rude. Micheal scrunched his nose answering back at Dwight. " Yeeaacck! TMI."

     Micheal came out of his office yelling at everyone to get up and start driving to Chili's. And of course, before I could grab my coat Jim handed it to me, I thanked him and headed to his car in the parking lot. We sat and I buckled my seat belt as he started the car and drove out of the parking lot. I spoke up looking at the road then Jim. " alright .. so I'm guessing that there's awards something along the lines of trophies ..?" Jim smiled, as he drove into a parking spot. "you are correct m'lady BUT! There's a catch as to my you get the trophies"

     We sat together with the rest of everyone else, I ordered an alcoholic drink, but Jim got water instead. " already drinking (y/n)? Wow," I pouted towards him, " what? I won't get drunk I swear. I promise." I smiled causing him to do the same as well. We got interrupted by a horn, we both looked up seeing Dwight. " Welcome the eighth annual Dundies awards!" As the salesman said that the waiter gave me my drink and I thanked him, taking in a sip.
     Micheal started off the Dundies with music and rapped over the other rapper's voice which just made me cringe. I was already done with my drink and had another one in hand. " please please please don't drink and drive .. because you might spill the drink." I giggled looking over at Jim, he scooted his chair to the point where our knees almost touched. " be careful don't drink too much" I shook my head, putting my finger on his lips, making Jim beet red, I leaned forward inches apart from him. " shhh" I nodded, making Jim nod too.

     " This award goes out to Stanley the Manley.. for! "The most mistress'!" Stanely shook his head, grumbling with anger taking the award and sitting back down. I opened my mouth wide, tapping Jim. " J-Jim look!... it's empty!" I giggled more. " yeah I think you should calm down a little bit .." he took the drink away, I pouted, then smirked. I turned to a random table behind me asking if there were gonna have their drink they shook there heads in confusion, I grabbed their drink. It was still a little full. Jim tried grabbing it away from me but I either pouted at him or looked him dead in the eyes, causing him to laugh and let it slide.
     " Alright, this Dundie goes to (y/n)! For the "cutest patootie" award!" I opened my mouth in shock as everyone clapped and cheered for me, I walked forward, grabbing the mic from Micheal. Staring at the ground I was shy to speak up. " .. I-... I feel god in this chili's tonight" I whispered into the mic. Everyone went silent but started clapping again in confusion about my speech. I smiled, gaining confidence back. " WHOO!" I yelled holding up my Dundies, as I walked over to Jim and he had the biggest smile on his face holding his hands out, causing my heart to race. I jumped on him and without thinking, I wrapped my arms around his neck and kissed his lips, I smiled and giggled letting go of a shocked, but happy Jim. I sat back in my seat giggling, as well as the salesman.

     The Dundies finished, everyone was heading out of Chili's heading home. I took off my shoes because they hurt. Jim had his hand on my waist to help me from not falling as I did a while ago. He sat me on the passenger's side seat, putting on my seat belt. As he did I got a smell of his scent. " Jim." " hm?" He tried getting out of the car took look at me but I gripped his tie bringing him close. " you smell like cinnamon" I trailed off. The salesman I had a hold of blushed as he tried to gently take his tie of my hand. " (y/n) I think you should sleep-" I pulled him closer till I smelled his neck, Jim quickly grabbed the headrest and the door to balance himself. " and vanilla Ice cream" I breathed on his neck causing him to freeze up. I let go of his tie and rolled over on the seat looking away from him, I closed my eyes and whispered, " I really like ice cream" I yawned and drifted to sleep.
     Jim chuckled, looking at my now asleep form. He brushed a strand of hair from my face to my ear, causing me to smile in my deep sleep.

     Jim had taken me to my place, asking where it was of course and I sleepily gave him my address. He looked for my keys and opened the door he set me down on my couch, putting a blanket over me. He respectfully left and locked the door leaving my keys with me again. He started up his car and drove off, smiling to himself in thought.

     " What did I think of the Dundies this year?..." Jim trailed off into thought biting his lip, picking up his tie and looking at it, gently rubbing it. " it was perfect."