56 | getting a taste of her world

"Holy fuck the movie was amazing." Yoongi blurts after we exit the theater. "The ending was just-"

"Heartbreaking." Joy completes for him.

"Unpredictable." Elena throws. "I honestly never saw that coming. The way she died was-"

"Genius." He completes. "I'm chalking it up in my favorite psychological thrillers and I'll read the book for sure."

"If you want I can lend it to you." I suggest and he glances at me. To my surprise it doesn't look like he wants to punch me in the face.

"Are you sure?" He inquires. "I mean you did say it's your favorite novel."

"I can live perfectly fine without it for a week." I say and he flashes me a sincere smile.

"Thanks man,"

"Aw, I'm so glad you guys are getting along." Elena chimes. She looks so adorable swallowed up in my oversized jacket. The sleeves cover her hands completely and her ass is covered. Suddenly, I feel awful for telling her not to wear underwear because it's freezing out here and she's not even wearing stockings.

Fuck, she's having goosebumps.

"Is anyone hungry?" Yoongi asks. "I know we've had shit ton of snacks at the movies but I need actual food."

"Fuck, yes." Elena answers. "I want French fries."

"Are you gonna put oreo ice cream on them?" I say mockingly and she breathes out a laugh.

"There's a pub around the corner." Joy says. "Has the best burgers if you're interested."

"Amantes Amentes?" Elena pipes.

"Yup."

While making our way to the pub we just talk about the movie and discuss different possible scenarios. Yoongi asks me how different the film adaptation is from the actual novel and I begin narrating some of the scenes that weren't included in it. I'm just thankful that Elena decided that going to the cinema is the ideal double date because the right movie can serve as an icebreaker and that way we won't have to sit in unbearable silence for hours, awkwardly looking down on the floor our minds blank. I'll admit it was painfully uncomfortable at first when we met outside, but I'm trying my best to not be a dick for Elena's sake.

When we finally enter Amantes, we take a seat at the booth that's closest to the windows. A pool table is a few feet away with bar darts hanging on the red bricked wall. The bar is further away and I stare at all the booze on the shelves that covers the Mexican tiles. It's crowded like it's supposed to be on a typical Friday night and this place seems to have good service judging from the how the waitresses are quick on their feet. A blonde waitress with a slinky black top and a short apron with tropical prints approaches us with a welcoming smile. In her hands a tray is balanced with a jug and four glasses.

"Welcome, ladies and gents" she beams as she fills our glasses with water "please whenever you're ready feel free to call me." She adds in a faked sweet voice as she eyes me from head to toe.

"Yes, can we please have the menu?" Elena asks stiffly. She's sitting cross legged next to me, her hands stuffed in my jacket' pocket as if she wants to prove a point.

She's jealous, I think to myself amused.

The waitress gives her a plastered smile. "Sure." She paces away, making the loudest noises with her heels.

Yoongi and Joy both stare at her grinning.

"What?" Elena snaps in an annoyed tone.

"Nothing," her best friend smirks.