he is selfless

You waited once more for Oikawa outside his classroom. It was oddly a good day for the both of you. The food in the cafeteria was served hot. Your math professor was absent, postponing the quiz you were so nervous about. Oikawa was able to nail all his serves during his morning practice and he woke up with a clear head.

As soon as you saw Oikawa's head pop out of his classroom, you immediately jumped to scare him. He just stared at you for quite some time but as soon as he realized what you were trying to do he tried to act scared.

"Ahh!" He says, flailing his hands around trying not to laugh.

"The hell was that?" You screamed at him and huffed as you walked away from him. He waves goodbye to his classmates and you both walk home.

"The quiz I forgot to study about got postponed!" You said taking a bite from your pocky.

"Damn, lucky!" He says as he walks faster to catch up to you. As you were about to cross the road, you felt your phone vibrate.

You started looking for your phone and unbeknownst to you, your body also started to move to cross the street. You were getting annoyed at how your phone was nowhere to be seen until you were snapped out of your trance when you heard someone screaming.

You snapped your head up and looked to the left to see a motorcycle coming towards you. Your legs weren't moving and that was when you felt someone push you to the other side.

Your face fell flat on the floor with you dropping your pocky and your bag. You winced in pain as you felt your lip bleed and looked over to your bag beside you with your things sprawled all over the pavement.

You sighed as you tried to stand but felt your knee burn as you figured you probably scraped it. People ran to you and asked if you were alright but before you could answer, you were greeted by the sight of your friend lying on the pavement. People were surrounding him whilst all you could do was stare.

Muffled screams and people shouting to call an ambulance was all you could hear. The person who helped you up kept asking you questions but all you could do was stare.

You couldn't even cry and you couldn't even scream as the sight of the man you're in love with, with blood everywhere on his body scared you. It couldn't process in your head. And you couldn't accept the fact that it was your fault.

You blinked and you were in the hospital with the nurse patching you up.

"We called your parents to pick you up." She tells you as you nod. But as soon as it occurred to you what she said, you shuddered in fear. Your parents would never let this die. They would force you to go back to living with them if they find this out. They would say that it was because you listened to Oikawa who they referred to as a bad friend for taking you away from them.

You sighed as you saw Iwaizumi and the other running towards you. They bombarded you with questions about their captain and you but all you could do was give them a weak smile. The ruckus was stopped when a nurse came your way.

"The patient will be fine. He passed out probably due to fear and not because of the impact as it wasn't that strong. There are no broken bones although he did twist his ankle. It would take him a few weeks to heal but he's strong. We put him in a sedative but he's most likely to wake up in a few hours." She said as you sulked in your seat in relief. Iwaizumi sat beside you. You closed your eyes as you felt him flick your forehead.

"Ow!" You say as you rub the spot he flicked.

"I know what you're thinking. You're blaming yourself aren't you?" He says as you hit your lip. The silence and the tension was taken as a hint by the other boys to leave you two to talk.

"It was that stupid Oikawa's fault, okay? He chose to save you and he chose to be in that position."

"But he wouldn't be in that position if it weren't for me." You say as tears finally began to fall. It felt relieving and all Iwaizumi could do was par your back.

"Whatever you believe, he wouldn't want you to blame yourself. So don't. Do it as a way to thank him." He says as he stands up to take a peek at Oikawa. A few minutes later they all come back to say their goodbyes to you.

"You rest too. You were injured as well." Iwaizumi says, giving you a hug. You wave goodbye at them as you stood up to finally see him.

You sat beside him as you looked at his peaceful face, asleep. You watched as his chest rose and sunk back down which proves to you that he is okay and that you didn't lose him. This was a wake up call to you that one day you could lose him. Seeing his body seeming lifeless told you that you don't have forever and that life is short.

You couldn't help but rest your elbows on the bedside and sink your face on your palms. You sobbed as you thought of what to do and you cried as if you were in a scene in drama wherein your lover is in critical condition in a battle with cancer. You finally stopped when you felt Oikawa shift on his position.

He opened his eyes and looked at you. He gave you a soft smile and squeezed your hand.

"You look ugly when you cry." He says as you snort and wipe your tears away.

"You can't get rid of me that easily, f/n. I won't die." He says as you intertwined his fingers with yours.

Before you could say anything you heard the door open and you saw your parents at the door.

"Let's go!" Your mother says in a harsh tone with her arms crossed.

"But mom, Oikawa saved my life." You say in rebuttal.

"As he should've! This wouldn't have happened if he just didn't meddle with your life. He's such a bad influence."

"You do realize that I moved out because of you two right? This wouldn't have happened if you two just stopped fighting like immature adults!" You scream at them.

"That is enough!" Your dad says. Before you could open your mouth, you felt Oikawa grab your hand.

"Just go home, f/n. My sister is probably on her way." He says with a weak smile as you tried to hold back crying again. How could he still be so calm and selfless. You nodded as you walked on your way to your parents.

"Wait! The person you-,"

"He's stupid and he's selfless!" You say in between sobs as you shut the door behind you.

"You really are dumb, f/n."