he is still you [ending]

A/N: I FORGOT ABT THIS BOOK IM SORRY

You were staring at the clock, waiting for time to go by faster. You wanted this meeting to end so you can head home and sleep to your heart's content. You were anxiously tapping your foot on the floor due to impatience that even your office mates beside you were sparing glances your way.

You could feel your phone vibrating from your back pocket but you refused to pay it any attention. No one could message you right?

After cutting ties with Oikawa, it has been years since you last talked. The first few years, he would randomly update you by texting you and even begged to see you before he would move to a different country but you didn't bother. Because for you, you were just a bother to him.

You saw him on television a few times, being interviewed as a legendary setter not just in Japan but internationally. You were truly proud of him and what he has achieved but your heart is still not ready to see him just yet. As you know in your heart you still want him.

The meeting finally came to an end and you basically ran outside your office so you can get home quickly. You plopped on your bed and didn't even bother to remove your office clothes. You just laid there in the darkness when you felt your phone vibrate again. With a sigh, you took it to be greeted by messages in a group chat. It was the old batch group chat that was never even used to begin with and it's been years since you've seen it.

"Yahoo! I am on break so I'm going to be staying in Miyagi for a few months. I would love it if we all met up and just had fun and caught up with each other. I miss you all truly and I hope to see ALL of you. I'll send the details here once I've confirmed how many are going. <3"

You almost teared up and got goosebumps all over your body reading the message. It was almost as if you could hear Oikawa's voice whilst reading the message. But after a few minutes you got snapped back into reality and just plopped down onto your bed once more.

A reunion? Really? There are many reasons why you're against this. First, you have basically achieved nothing compared to your batchmates who are now more successful than you. Second, you basically cut ties with Oikawa and his friends which is like half of that group chat and third, Oikawa. Is it even possible to face him?

You took a deep breath and decided to just man up. It's been years and you have moved on, right? He probably doesn't even remember what happened from all the things that has happened to him this year alone. There's no harm in going, right?

The day came and you stared at yourself in the mirror. You were just sitting there with your towel on as you're starting to doubt yourself. You've already told Oikawa you're going, which he responded to very excitedly and in a very extra way but now that it is the day, all the negative thoughts possible have corrupted your brain. You started pacing around your room whilst biting your nails as you try to fill your head with positive thoughts, but to no avail. You were cut out of your trance when you saw your phone lit up. It was Iwaizumi.

"If you're looking for a reason to come...

I brought beer."

You smile at his message as you remembered the times he would like your instagram posts and stories with you drinking in it. Yes, you have grown to be quite the drunkard. You started to calm down as you realize that there are probably at least 80 people there so you could probably just hide the entire night and Oikawa might not even remember or notice you.

You finally put your clothes on and took one last look at yourself in the mirror. You gave yourself a nod of reassurance just to remind you you're going to be okay.