Epilogue

An: make sure you read 8 first. Thanks for sticking it out with me on this one. Check out my new book, promise it's better than whatever this clusterfuck was.

-Sav

"The service was nice." Calum says as his arms slip around my waist, my head naturally leaning back into him.

"Yeah. Milly and I don't usually have the same taste but I have to admit their wedding was perfect."I tell him, my eyes scanning the room of the estate where my sister has just married Justin. Our family and their friends intermingling with one another as the dance floor fills with couples.

"I can't wait to marry you someday." He says quietly into my ear and I turn my head to look at him.

In another world I might find it strange that after only two months of knowing one another he's talking about marriage but in our reality it's almost inevitable.

"You're not gonna say fuck the system and run off on me?" I ask him, an amused smile on my face.

"Never." He hums against my neck, chills rushing through me at the deep tone of his words. His cologne is fragrant and all encompassing as his arms tighten around me and he presses a kiss to my bare shoulder.

"You wanna dance?" He asks and I turn to face him, nodding as he drops his arms from around me and grabs my hand, leading me to the dance floor. We slip in between the other couples, my head against his strong chest as we sway gently to the soft music. Alberto and his soulmate are dancing near the edge of the wooden floor, he met two weeks after I met Calum, her name's Sophia and she races sailboats competitively. Vic met her soulmate only two days ago, his name is Logan and I'm so thankful she wasn't left alone for long.

"You know I'm supposed to leave for tour in a week." He says and I feel my mood drop and he sighs and tilts his head as a frown takes over my face. "Aw, come on don't be sad."

"What am I supposed to be? I was fine until you reminded me I only have a few days left with you before you're gone until Christmas." I say back, my lip poking out in a pout.

"Well don't get all pouty yet, let me finish."

I look up to him doing my best what he calls puppy dog eyes expression.

"Come with me." He says simply and I give him an incredulous stare. "I know, I know schools in and all but at least on your holidays and most of the weekends. I'll fly you out to wherever we are and I can show you this part of me that you haven't gotten to see yet. I want to show you my world." He says with fervor.

"Okay, Aladdin." I snort and he shoots me a glare. "I'm serious, Bex. Tour and the band are a big part of my life. I want you to be in every part of my life so at least say you;ll consider it okay? The boys have already agreed. They want to get to know you better, as do the girls."

"I'll think about it." I tell him.

"Bex.." He whines.

"It's a big decision, Cal. I have to make sure it would even be possible okay? My job is important too. If I had no other responsibilities there would be no hesitation but I have to think rationally. I have to make an adult decision. Just let me look at my schedule and see what we can make work. Okay?" I ask dipping my head until I catch his eyes.

"Yeah, okay." He says, still sounding down trotted.

"Hey, we'll figure it out. I want to come. I'm not saying no. You know how bad I want to see you onstage."

He nods and the subject is dropped as quickly as it had come up, my head against his chest as we dance. My mind whirling to life with ideas of how to see him without sacrificing my career.

"Thanks for being so willing to help me plan this." I say climbing out of the sleek back sedan that had picked me up at the airport and brought me to the venue the boys are playing tonight.

"No worries!" Crystal says quickly. "Cal's like a brother to me and I love seeing him so happy since he met you. He hasn't stopped talking about you since this tour started. He's got literally no clue you're here and I can't wait to see his face."

"You and me both. I hope he's genuinely surprised. He got a little curious last night when we were on face time. I had my stupid suitcase in the background and he asked where I was going. I just tried to play it off and say I was cleaning but he was acting suspicious."

"Well the boys are onstage for soundcheck right now so let's get your case in the under bus storage and then we'll go surprise him."

I feel my stomach tighten from the nerves. I hope he really will be excited to see me. My schools newly adopted extended school year model giving me this extra week off to come spend with him.

The walk from the bus lot through the corridor that leads to the stage seems to be endless Crystal's bubbly energy is only heightening my excitement which dares to force my heart straight out of my chest as we sneak side stage.

I say my hellos to KayKay and Sierra who have been watching from the wings and making sure Cal didn't leave the stage and ruin the surprise.

"Crystal, can you grab me a water?" Michael yells over as the boys begin to , a smirk on his lips as he gives her a knowing glance.

"Must be nice to have your fiance around to grab your drinks and just generally spend time with you." Calum mumbles and I take my opportunity.

"My God are you always so grumpy." I call him out with a smirk as I set from behind the other girls, laughing as his mouth hangs open.

"Bex!" He says excitedly, closing the distance between us quickly and pressing his lips to mine. "You're really here! Fuck, I missed you so much." His arms are slung around my shoulders and I close my eyes as I inhale his familiar scent, loving the feeling of being in his arms again.

"How long are you staying?"

"School's on fall break. You're stuck with me the whole week unfortunately."

"That's the best news I've heard in ages." He grins.

"We've got like an hour until the show. We could..." his words trail off and I raise my eyebrows suggestively in responses.

"Fuck yes." He says excitedly grilling my hand and pulling me along behind him as he heads for who knows where.

I know this for a fact now though. I'd follow him anywhere.

An: hope you enjoyed Bex & Cal's journey to love

Check out "Not In The Same Way" my new Dad Cal fic

Ily,
Sav 🖤