chapter twenty one

Namjoon started to sweat when the pain in his head started to hurt, taking off his shirt.

He kept getting a headache that made him stay up. Yoongi texted him that he had company so he would stay down in his room. Namjoon got really thirsty so he tried his best to push himself up from the bed, quickly getting a major headache.

He held his head, only getting to sit on the edge of the bed. "Fuck fuck fuck fuck..." He quietly groaned in pain, holding his head with both of his hands.

I pushed Taehyung too hard. Namjoon slowly tried to pushed himself up to get on his feet. I hurt his feelings, I scared him. He quickly grabbed the wall to balance himself, trying not to fall. I'm such an idiot. I'm sorry Taehyung. Namjoon wiped his face that's full of sweat.

He slowly walked over to his mini fridge, pulling the little door open. I need a drink. I hate this pain. Instead of grabbing water, he grabbed an alcoholic drink. He closed the small door and hit his lid on the counter to pop it open, almost breaking the top of it.

Namjoon slowly slid down to the floor, lifting the bottle up to his lips to gulp down the alcoholic beverage. Yoongi said to only drink water but he doesn't give a fuck, at least he's drinking something. He doesn't want water. He wants something stronger than that.

Namjoon's phone started to ring, making him groan in annoyance. His phone is on the nightstand so he has to crawl back to his bed to grab it—in which he did. He threw his hand on the nightstand to grab his phone, looking at who called. Unknown number.

He answered anyways, having heavy breaths from his migraine. "Who is this?"

"Is this Namjoon?"

He recognized his voice. "Yeah." Namjoon knitted his brows. "Why?"

"It's Taehyung."

He fluttered his eyes. "What do you wa—"

"I heard what happened." Taehyung interrupted. "I'm sorry."

"You're..apologizing to me? Why?"

"I didn't know you would get hurt. You got a head injury because of me."

"Don't apologize." Namjoon mumbled.

"Why? I—"

"I scared you." He gulped hard. "I just wanted to tell you that I knew. I'm more sorry than you are to me. I deserve it a million percent."

Silence.

"Taehyung?"

"Can I come over?"

"Yoongi-Hyung has company. I don't know if you're allowed to."

"I don't care. Is it a yes or a no."

Namjoon doesn't know. Why does Taehyung want to visit anyways? The older just sighed. "Fine. You can come over. I'll text Yoongi-Hyung that you're comi—"

"No. Don't. I don't think your Hyung likes me."

"He doesn't care who you are. If you know me, you're allowed to enter his house. I'll just say a friend is coming over."

"We're not friends."

"Then what are we?"

Taehyung went silent again.

"Fine. We're friends."

Namjoon just smiled.

Taehyung got past through Yoongi. He was surprised that Jeongguk was there but he just ignored, minding his own business. He knocked on Namjoon's door, remembering his room from that party when he mistakenly entered Namjoon's room. He pushed open the door because he hasn't gotten a reply.

"Namjoon?" Taehyung curled his brows, closing the door behind him. "Are you alright?" When he looked around the room, he immediately saw Namjoon on the floor, passed out and shirtless. "Namjoon!" He quickly ran towards the older, going on his knees.

His back was on the bed, blood started to roll down from his head which made Taehyung grab a pillow, taking the sheet off of it for Namjoon's head. He lifted the male's head to carefully wiped the blood and to stop it from bleeding more.

He noticed the alcohol. It rolled and hit the nightstand leg, making a clanking sound. It's only one bottle. He doesn't seem drunk anyways. Taehyung looked at the older, quickly feeling in pulse just in case. He's still breathing, thank goodness.

"Please tell me you're alright..." The younger whispered, moving his hand to the side of Namjoon's face.

"I'm fine." The older mumbled. Taehyung widen his eyes, quickly moving his hand away from the older's face. Namjoon fluttered his eyes open, looking up at the boy. "I'm glad to see you." He whispered, softly smiling.

"Don't make me regret coming over." Taehyung sighed in relief, sitting down on the floor in front of him.

Namjoon weakly chuckled, trying to slide himself up a little more. "Sorry. I haven't had any sleep."

Taehyung just sighs. "Why were you drinking alcohol anyways?"

"I hate myself." Namjoon slurred up, gulping from the old taste of alcohol. "I always did."

"You're supposed to drink water, dummy." Taehyung reached over to grab the water on the nightstand, handing it to the older and grabbed the empty bottle to throw it away.

"Liquid is liquid." Namjoon just rested his head down on the bed.

"Water is healthier. Alcohol isn't."

"I'm glad you care." Namjoon whispered.

"What?" Taehyung looked at him.

The older slowly looked over at the boy, putting a soft smile across his face. "Thank you for caring."

"I-I'm not caring—"

Namjoon placed his hand down on top Taehyung's, making him stop refusing. The younger just stared down at his hand, fluttering his eyes back up to the male, seeing him that he's still looking at him.

"It's okay to care. I cared for you..didn't I?"

When I got shot. Taehyung just nods. "You did."

Namjoon softly smiled. "Then it's settled. We both care about each other."

933 words