chapter seventy two

Namjoon sighed, caressing the younger's head.

Taehyung was messing with the edge of his shirt, playing with a string that's loose. They both just woke up and decided to lay there and look at the ceiling. Namjoon softly reached over and intertwined their fingers together, holding his wounded hand on where he punched him.

The sunrise was shining through the curtains, shining down on the bed which was so beautiful to see. Namjoon didn't have a shirt on and Taehyung had a sweater on, both only having boxers on with their legs intertwined together.

"How come you hide when you take off your shirt?" Namjoon suddenly mumbled up, carefully caressing the boy's knuckles.

"Too many scars..like the one on my face. I don't like it and I'm not comfortable about it. They're ugly."

Namjoon slowly sat up, ignoring the slight pain in his back. "I bet they're pretty. Maybe I can kiss them all better?"

Taehyung just scoffs, sitting up a bit on the bed frame. "Did you take your meds?"

"I'm not bipolar and yes I did take them. C'mon, take off your shirt."

The younger sighs and slowly sits up, grabbing the edge of his shirt and slowly slipping it off. Namjoon moved back a little and curled his brows when his boyfriend's chest and waist showed as Taehyung puts his shirt to the side nervously.

He was right. So many scars, bullet wounds, knives, something familiar like that. It looked like he was in a very bad accident. But he never was, just fighting and all of that. Not even a car wreck. It couldn't help to make Namjoon sad. Taehyung thought he was just disgusted by it.

Taehyung lowered his head, caressing the one on his arm. "They're disgusting..are they..."

"Baby."

"They're disgusting, I knew it." The boy reached over and grabbed his shirt. "It's gross."

"No." Namjoon quickly grabbed the shirt and tossed the shirt. He scooted towards him, cupping the boy's face. "Baby, look at me."

Taehyung shook his head, closing his eyes.

"Please look at me and listen. I didn't say my answer. My facial expression didn't give you the answer."

Taehyung sniffed and sighing shakily, slowly looking up at him with teary eyes.

"They're beautiful. Those scars tell me that you're very strong." The older whispered. "You are brave. Your insanity did a good job keeping you alive."

The younger scoffed. "Lier..."

"Yah. I'm serious." Namjoon lifted the boy's face up with his chin. "It upsets me, but they're not even close to being ugly."

"I love you." Taehyung whispered.

Namjoon softly smiled. "I love you too." He leaned up and carefully kissed the boy's lips. "I really do."

"I really do too." Taehyung squeaked, having some tears rolling down his face. "I mean it."

"Baby." The older carefully wiped the boy's tears away. "You're so emotional lately."

"I trust you."

Namjoon fluttered his eyes. "You do?"

Taehyung nodded, lifting his hands up and cupped the older's face, scooting closer to him. "I trust you means more than I love you."

Namjoon couldn't help to tear up, slowly putting their foreheads together. He agreed with that. He trusts him too. He carefully put the boy on his lap, putting his arms around his waist and putting his face in the crook of the younger's neck.

Taehyung carefully placed and caressed the older's back, hoping it doesn't hurt him like it did last time. It didn't this time. Namjoon's back still had those scars that were shaped as wings, carefully caressing them instead of the middle part.

Someday, in between those wings, they'll have a long scar there.

"Joonie." The younger mumbled up.

"Yeah, baby?" He kissed the boy's shoulder.

"...Please get the surgery."

Namjoon bit the inside of his cheek. I'm scared of hospitals. I have to give over that fear. For him. "I'll..I'll get the surgery."

"Promise."

Namjoon looked up from the boy's shoulder, lifting his hand to caress the younger's scar. "I promise. A hundred percent."

"I hope so." He whispers. "Because I don't want you leaving me..like I left you."

Namjoon curled his brows. "You left for a serious reason that you didn't want me involved in. If I didn't get the surgery, I would be leaving you on purpose."

Taehyung just nods.

Namjoon's phone suddenly went off, making their heads turn at the nightstand. Namjoon just sighed. "That's probably work. Reach for it?"

Taehyung softly chuckled and nodded once more, carefully getting off of the older's lap and reached for the big phone. He finally got it, sitting up and looking at the notification, knitting his brows.

"It's Yoongi-Hyung. He needs you downstairs..now?"

Namjoon looked at at the screen, sighing. "Shit. It's probably someone important at my building that showed up." He started to move off the blankets and got off of the bed, quickly going towards his closet.

"Oh. Right—forgot that you're a chairman. You rich bitch." Taehyung rolled his eyes.

"Aha." The older peaked out of the closet. "You're coming with. Get dressed too."

"Fine. Fine." Taehyung moved the blanket and climbed out of the bed.

858 words