[21]

After a few hours of watching over all the sick kids in the dropship, Diana sent Isaac and Octavia upstairs to get some rest

After a few hours of watching over all the sick kids in the dropship, Diana sent Isaac and Octavia upstairs to get some rest. She lightly chatted with Clarke who had fallen back asleep, so now she was sat alone. It was quiet except for the coughs and groans of the sick, Diana never liked the silence of being alone with her thoughts, she needed someone to talk to. Then she saw Murphy trying to hand Bellamy a cup of water.

"Get the hell away from me!" Bellamy spat weakly, she could tell from his dry voice that he needed the water.

Murphy shook his head trying again. "Bellamy, you're sick, okay? I'm just trying to help." He extended the cup again. "Here."

Bellamy swatted at the boy in front of him. "When I get better, if you're still here-"

Diana didn't let him finish his threat. "Hey. I got this one." She took the cup of water from Murphy's hand and sat next to Bellamy. "Take it." She told the sick man beside her.

He hesitantly took the cup, drinking the cool water inside. Bellamy sighed in satisfaction. "You feeling better?" He asked looking at her.

"Yeah." She nodded facing him as well.

Bellamy nodded too. "That's good." He then looked around the dropship. "Have you seen Octavia?"

Diana laced her fingers together, looking forward. "She was up all night helping people. We gave her a break." She told him.

"We?"

The brunette looked at John. "Murphy and I." She saw Bellamy roll his eyes as he scoffed.

"Don't tell me you trust him." Bellamy said.

"Never have, Blake. But I do believe in second chances, I mean I'm sitting here talking with you civilly." Diana smirked watching as an annoyed smile pulled at Bellamy's lips.

He turned away looking past the tarp outside. "It's almost dawn." He pointed out. "Better get everyone inside.  If we lock the doors, maybe the Grounders will think we're not home." Diana knew they had to take precautions, she nodded. She knew sending Jasper was a long shot, she would've taken it herself if she hadn't felt like she was dying.

"They're not all sick, you know." Diana said. "We still have healthy people out there." Bellamy looked at her, she was right, he knew that, but he wasn't about to let them get slaughtered.

"Sick is better than dead." Bellamy stated, the girl hesitantly nodded in agreement.

Diana was never one to have faith, especially not after losing her mother and herself on the same night. "You don't think Finn and Jasper are gonna pull it off " She muttered towards him.

He raised an eyebrow. "Do you?" Bellamy looked at Diana as she stared at her boots.

She nodded once. "Fine, Let's get everyone inside then." Diana stood then watched Bellamy weakly get to his feet, she didn't offer him help as she watched Clarke sit up from the hammock she was asleep in.