Chapter 1

————-CHAPTER 1————-

She couldn't breathe. The world was black for her eyes clung shut. Short breathes exploded from her lungs as she fought with the memory that was constantly replaying throughout her mind. Her hands gripped into the the grass as she felt the nails on her fingers elongate into claws. Victoria was losing control, but she couldn't believe what had just happened. She couldn't.

***

Victoria had entered the throne room, to see her parents sitting in their thrones talking to Gracie and her father. She was so excited to see Gracie she had to stop herself from bolting to give her a hug.

"Mother, Father..." Victoria bowed to her parents once reaching their thrones, she was beaming until she looked up. All of them seemed to have storm clouds hovering above them, because all of their faces held frowns. "W-What's going on?" Victoria looked around in confusion.

Her father cleared his throat as he pressed his hand into his forehead. Victoria studied her father, his tousled red hair curled around his gold crown and he looked very stressed. "Victoria... you know your mother and I do everything within our power to protect you and the kingdom." He gruffly said, not yet meeting her gaze.

"Of course." Victoria held her head high, she would do anything for her family and her pack, that was her job as the princess. She slowly looked over at Gracie, and their similar green eyes clashed. Victoria was taken back at the sorrow that filled her best friends eyes. The tears that were threatening to spill from Gracie's eyes were quickly covered by her short spontaneous hair.

"Victoria, for the safety of our kingdom and the sake of an alliance, you will be marrying the eldest son of the Frost pack." Her father's piercing blue eyes struck her soul, causing it to leave her body. Victoria opened her mouth to speak to defend herself, to argue that their must be another way, but she couldn't find it in herself to speak.

"I-I need a second..." Victoria finally found her voice before bolting from the throne room and from the palace. She felt Nauseous as she ran deep into the woods, tripping over the stupid dress she had put on for the meeting.

**

And now Victoria has been having a panic attack in the forest. It wasn't good for werewolves to shift while having a panic attack, it usually resulted in a black out and you would never know what your wolf would do in a black out.

Victoria began to scream as she pushed her wolf side back, she was a princess, she would not submit to her wolf side. Finally she felt her claws removed from the moist grass and she looked to the dark sky. Victoria hadn't realized how long she had been in the woods, for it had already gotten dark outside.

She stood, and began to stumble back to the castle in bare feet. And then she stopped when she could see the castle in the distance. Once again a tight feeling filled her chest and she fought to keep calm. Tears swelled in her eyes as she thought about the mate she would never have if she went back. That she would be stuck with a cold prince who she didn't even know her. A feeling of despair hit her, she couldn't bring herself to move her feet.

"Vic...." Victoria had been so lost in thought that she didn't notice Gracie approaching behind her. It was just Gracie though, standing there, her curly shoulder length brown hair covered her face as she stared directly at her.

"I don't know what to do Gracie." She collapsed into Gracie's arms and had begun  to sob into her shoulder.

"Hey it's going to be ok... I-I met the prince, he's quiet but seems nice." Gracie always tried to look on the bright side of things, but today was not the day to do so.

"But he's not my mate, he's not my other half!" Victoria gripped onto Gracie's shoulders and looked into her eyes. "I'll be broken, never happy..." Victoria felt her lungs tighten again as she imagined a future she would never have wanted for Herself.

"What if... what if we left? I know my way mostly from traveling with my father... and he doesn't need me anymore, he has Suzanne." Victoria stared at Gracie... Suzanne was not her real mom, nor her dad's real mate, but she had come into the picture years after Gracie's mom passed away.

"We leave? What about my duties as Princess? What about Dax?" Victoria's eyes blurred with water once again as she thought about the small boy and her people, they were all counting on her.

"for once in your life Victoria, do something for yourself, as your best friend I can say for the 18 years you've lived you have not done one thing for yourself." Gracie gripped her shoulders back, an intense shine appearing in her eyes.

"But this is a big decision..." Victoria winced as she caught glance of the castle... her home, but also her prison.

"Why not travel the world Victoria? We don't have to leave for forever, but let's find your real mate and see the world. That's your dream and here's our opportunity to do so..." Gracie gave her a sweet smile, and Victoria could feel her heart yearn. Yearn for the want and need to explore the world.

Victoria closed her eyes shut for a moment, thinking about the pain and the agony she would cause, but also the glimpse at her own happiness... she couldn't turn away.

"Let's do it."

(Warning this is not edited and the story's sentences may not be the best due to me writing this for my boredom in Quarantine. How are you guys doing in Quarantine?)
-Cass :)