Food

A few days pass and the guards hadn't returned. all of them had starved, though the ones who suffered the most were Tord and tom since they didn't even have water to drink to staunch their hunger.

"How are you not hungry?" Tord growls, glaring at his oddly calm cell mate. Ever since the guards had denied them water and toms attack, the eyeless man had remained on his side of the cell unless he had to use the bathroom, going to the center of the back wall and quickly taking care of his business.

tord had the decency to look away as the other man went, tom doing the same for him. it was an awkward set up.

"They feed us twice a week, Monday's and Thursday's. I've been here for four months commie, now ask me that question again."

How was he still so active if he's only eaten twice a week? the man still did his daily workouts, though Tord had noticed how they had begun to get shorter as well as the fact that tom had begun squinting in the low light, more so then the others.

it was a day later when they finally bring food for the prisoners, Tord moving to the back wall like they demand to get the food, not willing to go for three more days without something to eat and drink. the guard with the cattle prod steps in first, allowing the other one with the tray of food to come in and feed them what looks to be slop with bits of some type of meat and vegetable mixed in. 

Tord watches as the scientist puts more food on the tray on toms side of the cell then his and he has to refrain from cursing both men out. what he doesn't notice was the fact that tom had seen the same thing, flinching at the sight of the larger portion.

"How come you get more food!?" Tord growls after both men finish their jobs in feeding all four prisoners. tom just rolls his eyes, glaring at the food with disdain and fear.

"You don't wanna know." He growls back, sighing before he begins eating slowly. Tord rolls his eyes at the other mans dramatics and begins to eat, actually surprised with the fact that the food tasted better then it looked.

he finishes second after Paul, pat coming in third with tom still picking at the food on his plate. he had to have eaten less then half of what he was given and tord wants to say something about him being ungrateful when tom speaks first.

"Take it. I don't want anymore." He growls, sliding the tray of half eaten food towards Tord. Tord narrows his eyes but doesn't question his behavior, taking the tray and beginning to eat. He eats some before passing it to pat who's besides him and got the least amount compared to the three of the newer prisoners.

A quick glance at Tom further confuses the red leader, the man was curled up on his side with his blanket draped over himself. He was absolutely silent.

The food is finished and the tray passed back to Tord. He doesn't give it to Tom, instead stacking the trays and pushing them into a corner. He didn't know what was wrong with the man but he didn't want to set him off.

Some time passes and Tord is annoyed with how silent everyone was. He had nothing to say to his two closest men, having said everything already, and they hadn't even turned the lights off, making it almost impossible to fall asleep. At least for him, he wasn't sure about Tom.

The man had been silent and absolutely still since the food had come. Thinking back to it, tom had seemed very tense during the whole thing, distraught and even disturbed.

The lights brightens and Tord winces, grumbling under his breath. This time he had caught sight of toms flinch, wondering what exactly was about to happen to have the strong willed man all but cowering at the brightening of lights.

Four guards and a scientist come in and stop in front of their cell. Tom sits up quickly, backing himself into the corner of the cell.

"You know the drill, get over here." One of the guard states unlocking the cell door. All of the guards held either cattle prods or batons.

"Fuck off." Tom snarls and then seems to growl, sounding more animal then man.

Tords brows furrowed and he begins to worry, what the fuck is this idiot doing? He's going to get the shit beat out of him if he doesn't do what they say.

"I thought you learned your lesson the first month here." A different guard sighs, shaking his head before gesturing to his partner with the cattle prod to enter first.

The man walks in and Tom throws himself at him, tackling the man to the ground and digging his hands in. One slashed out, gouging the mans eyes and the other goes for his throat.

The scene doesn't last longer then a minute when a beep sounds and Tom screams, withering on the floor but still somehow managing to fight the guards off for a bit longer. The man he had injured was groaning on the floor, blood leaking from multiple different places.

He cringes at the kick that Tom receives to his stomach and then head, causing the man to go limp. The collar finally seems to stop shocking him and he relaxes further on the floor.

The guards grab him under his pits and lift him up. The action finally seems to be to much for Tom and the man vomits onto the floor of their cell.

Then the guards drag him out and he watches tord through lidded eyes as he leaves.

Tord has to give it to him, the fact that he hadn't passed out through that whole ordeal deserved his respect.

There is a painful silence after the guards leave with Tom,  the three remaining prisoners look at each other before there's a loud scream and it could only be coming from one person.

Tord had always wanted to hear tom scream before, but by his own hand of course. He had tom scream at him too, but nothing sounded like this. This was absolute anger, pain and fear mixed with desperation as Tom screamed and screamed before he was silence quickly.

The silence seemed even worse then before, and even worse then the screaming.